Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Gotta say I'm interested in that too lol. Hate for the forum to turn into some exploration of bad hand gestures, but what in the world would this be?

My guess would be he did the "finger twirl" on the side of his head signaling "cuckoo", and it was interpreted to be him making fun of the guy's turban or something. Idk

giphy.gif

Reactions: oobga

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
My guess would be he did the "hand twirl" on the side of his head signaling "cuckoo", and it was interpreted to be him making fun of the guy's turban or something. Idk
Sounds about right.

Its likely a whole lot of nothing about to be twisted into something.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I’m sure we will see it … for ten minutes. Do they know how to maintain juggernaut pace for three periods? Are they even capable of that?

They’re capable, but there will be some reason they f*** it up.

Lack of shooting, 10 bell f*** up, wasted PP, getting “goalied,” etc.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Canucks fans would take the moral high ground in misinterpreting something Coffey did, while their fans are assaulting and destroying the property of opposing fans in their city and not giving a shit

Can't wait until the next riot

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is exactly it. If it had substance, it would be on the news already. It's just some gaslighting bullshit from the worst fanbase in the league
Well...I dont know about that.
The manistream news mostly consists of gaslighting at the best of times. :D

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Not sure why you posted the gossip and innuendo here. You've helped to perpetuate this junk and Kane goofiness. Take two minutes to examine where crap is coming from instead of blindly posting it as you did earlier in this thread.
They are doing that I heard it. They are calling ched and behaving like the pieces of shit they are. They made up all these stories.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Canuck trolls have been calling ched all morning trolling. "what do you think of racist Paul coffey?"

I reiterate worst fan base in the league.
are you telling us that CHED didn't leave themselves open for that, they f***ing love it

this f***ing market, they pull shit like this that they wouldn't attempt anywheres else in the NHL but Edmonton

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If Coffey was pulling nazi salutes I don’t think Katz would have kept him so close.

I doubt this Canuck story is true but if it is Coffey would have to be very dumb

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They are doing that I heard it. They are calling ched and behaving like the pieces of shit they are. They made up all these stories.
I'm talking about your previous post in this thread. Needless to just post and regurgitate random hearsay

One thing I've noticed is that oilers management is 100% asleep during this series.

Canucks have been waging psychological warfare and where is the pushback?

In the past week we've had

1. Tocchet mess with the Refs heads we get zero penalties no one says nothing. Step up Mr Ken Holland or are you already talking to hr about your exit package?

2. Paul coffey is apparently aracist because he pointed at his head and said wacko to a guy who was bang on the glass all night.

3. Oh evander kane yelled at some players and left the dressing room early after the collapse.

Spare me the "oh we don't want to sink to their level" "you think they care what the media says" "refs we're not influenced" nonsense.

Everyone wants their management to back them and the radio silence is deafening.

Reactions: Skar

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
If Coffey was pulling nazi salutes I don’t think Katz would have kept him so close.

I doubt this Canuck story is true but if it is Coffey would have to be very dumb
Maybe Katz will get another real estate venture started from racist Coffey's Roman

Dumbass Edmontonians will give him another ten billion

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
It's funny, I felt more apathy than rage. I was more raging after Anaheim Game 5 because the Oilers deserved a better fate but just fell victim to bad luck and bad reffing.
The Oilers deserved nothing last night, brought nothing to the game not a care in the world. I will always remain hopeful as long as they're still alive in the playoff race because I'm a fan and without hope what's the point but it painted a real sobering reality in my mind that this team just doesn't have what it takes to go all the way. I sort of knew it already because they're just not as complete as the real contenders but a team doesn't completely not show up for a playoff game and be serious about winning.

I can respect the fact that they are a bit undermanned because the defense and goaltending isn't as good as the other contenders and same with the 3rd line as well as long as they go down swinging and put forth a proud effort even in a loss but to completely not show up for a game is just inexcusable, I almost couldn't believe what I was watching last night. They'll probably show at least some pride the next game but the game last night really soured me on this group and it's a hard feeling to shake. I wasn't crazy about the last 2 games against the Kings either, the Oilers were just sort of going through the motions in those games as well so this is becoming a pattern IMO. Just stating my feelings on this, I can respect if some of you think I'm overreacting but it's just how I feel.
I couldn’t find the words to describe how I felt about the game, but you summed it up perfectly.

I really wanted to believe that this group had grown up and matured beyond games like that. Last night was a sobering reminder that we don’t have the mindset or the horses to be a true competitor in this league. Game 2 of the L.A series and last nights game were situations where I wanted this team to show they were different than prior years, but we just can’t put in a consistent effort for sixty minutes it seems. It’s a spinning wheel of chance every night with what kind of team we’re going to get. We may make some noise here and there, win a round or two, but when the cards are down, we’re just not on that level. We may very well win this series, but I don’t know if it goes any further than that.

I’ll still be cheering them on obviously and I still think if things go right, there’s always a chance, but my expectations are definitely lower.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Skar

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Would love to see how well Tanev and Walker would do paired with Nurse.
Ceci isnt the problem.

Nurse was (once again) in no mans land watching the puck go directly to an uncovered player right beside the net.
Inexcusable.
WTF was he thinking?

They both pretty much suck.

Reactions: McDNicks17

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Well...I dont know about that.
The manistream news mostly consists of gaslighting at the best of times. :D

Oh yeah, I definitely meant "if there was a chance that he did something that could be misconstrued as controversial", it would be all over the news

Reactions: guymez

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Oh yeah, I definitely meant "if there was a chance that he did something that could be misconstrued as controversial", it would be all over the news
In the very least we'd have atleast one zoomed out video with someone else's selfie for tiktok by now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad