Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs Devils - 12/21/13 7:00 PM - Caps Lose 5-4 (OT)

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
OV might be the only reason I still watch this team, the season will end in a predictable way.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Shoulda stuck w/ grubauer (as the kings are doing w/ jones). A hot goalie is a powerful weapon. We should've used it. Goalies are fully capable of playing back-to-backs.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
they got a point but how do you get outworked by a team coming in off of a OT loss the night before?

Exactly why I can't disagree when ppl say we have another first round exit staring us down

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
they got a point but how do you get outworked by a team coming in off of a OT loss the night before?

Exactly why I can't disagree when ppl say we have another first round exit staring us down

They get outworked by everyone.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Shoulda stuck w/ grubauer (as the kings are doing w/ jones). A hot goalie is a powerful weapon. We should've used it. Goalies are fully capable of playing back-to-backs.

Not hard to see that they're trying to show some faith in 70, but he's doing nothing to earn starts.

Total loss of confidence.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Holtby's assy right now.

Play Neuvy against the Ducks.

I agree on both points but have to lay the big ASSist at Oates' feet. They put out Jagr and Elias and you put out Ovechkin, Mojo, and Orlov? Bad choice. You put out the better D pairing at least and most likely the better defensive forwards. Putting your first line that has notable defensive lapses was a poor choice.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Calle might give Haslett a run for his money. Is his philosophy to give the opponent all the time and space they desire?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Gotta go with Grubaeur/Holtby rotation until this irons out. Probably 2-1 Grubaeur unless something happens.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Calle might give Haslett a run for his money. Is his philosophy to give the opponent all the time and space they desire?

I think so. I really believe their defensive philosophy is to spread out and try to limit WHERE a shot is taken from, but allow the shot to happen and then gather it up for a breakout.

How else do you explain a defense that always sags and watches the puck, waiting for a rebound? It's why they give up so many damn shots.

EclecticDarkness

Nov 5, 2013
Maryland
i get the feeling Holtby is nursing an injury. Seems to be moving a little slower than at full capacity. That being said, the defense in front of him is abysmal, they don't cover the slot AT ALL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad