Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Blue Jackets 12:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The oshie & eller injuries are chance for others to show something. Why not LTIR oshie? Then could we try vrana and others?

Oshie would have to miss atleast 10 games for them to get the cap relief. They propably think he'll be ready for earlier than that so they don't want him sitting on the press box healthy.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Trotz has theorized that once Kuznetsov displayed his impressive scoring touch, opposing teams started to focus on limiting his time and space. In the process, Kuznetsov struggled to adjust and lost his confidence, something he hasn’t gotten back yet. Trotz has encouraged Kuznetsov to occasionally simplify and work harder for opportunities.

[...]

[Says Kuznetsov:] “That’s how I live, you know? I will change my whole goals for a couple good plays and make all five guys happy on the ice. . . . That’s fun time, when you have a chance to fix your game. I know some guys can play 15 years in a row at a high level, but that’s only like Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Eric Lindros — they all legit, yeah. I’m not like these guys. I have to work hard and raise my game a little bit higher.â€

Evgeny Kuznetsov, who led the Caps in scoring last season, is off to a slow start - Washington Post

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Trotz has encouraged Kuznetsov to occasionally simplify and work harder for opportunities.

The only arrow in Trotz's quiver, apparently.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Jesus Christ, Bobrovsky keeps interfering with the Capitals on the forecheck, but they won't call him for it or the fact he skated 15 feet out of the crease to cover the puck...

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Beagle with more goals and points than Kuzy. Give the man a 6 million dollar extension already. Will over skill at its finest

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
He's allowed to cover the puck anywhere in front of the goal line if he can get to it.

If the goalkeeper races out of his crease in an attempt to beat the
attacking player to the puck and instead of playing the puck jumps on
the puck causing a stoppage of play, this shall be a minor penalty for
delay of game.

Straight from the rule book.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
You know, given that Kuzy is struggling at center, isn't great at faceoffs or defensive play, and we're arguably at least one top-6 winger short, I can think of worse ideas than trying him at the wing.

90-19-92
8-20-77
65-83-43
10-82-14

There are worse options. more and more, though, it's clear we need at least one more scoring middle-6 winger. Williams, Sanford and Wilson are not scoring depth.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
You know, given that Kuzy is struggling at center, isn't great at faceoffs or defensive play, and we're arguably at least one top-6 winger short, I can think of worse ideas than trying him at the wing.

90-19-92
65-20-77
10-83-43
26-82-14

There are worse options. more and more, though, it's clear we need at least one more scoring middle-6 winger. Williams, Sanford and Wilson are not scoring depth.

Who did we trade Ovi for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad