GDT: Capitals Sabres 2pm-Monumental Sports (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Phillips doesn’t look like an NHLer to me….
Same. There have been some nice passes but he's also made some really questionable body positioning decisions given his frame, and the time and space just won't be there when the real season starts.

Classic AAAA guy it seems, if he were bigger or had a stronger frame he could probably stick in that Perreault/Zuccarello role but he's missing tools and doesn't have enough of the package to be a boon in the NHL based on what I've seen so far. He looks and plays smaller than both of those example players

Lapierre had a pretty unremarkable game
Unremarkable is how I'd say it. Not good but not really poor, just kind of making conservative plays and being there. I thought a few of them were pretty good touches with no follow up plan, like he was surprised it worked, but he didn't really have the flash you'd want consistently for what we've been told he could be.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Eric Comrie is not a good goalie
It defies logic to me that Buffalo has made no attempt to sign a quality goalie. They have a real chance at snagging a playoff spot this coming season but will throw it out the window with the goalies they have: Uka Pekke LooneyTunes, Comrie, and Devon Levi (yeah I know, who??).

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It defies logic to me that Buffalo has made no attempt to sign a quality goalie. They have a real chance at snagging a playoff spot this coming season but will throw it out the window with the goalies they have: Uka Pekke LooneyTunes, Comrie, and Devon Levi (yeah I know, who??).
the funny thing is I think Levi is the one they're banking on, and while he's an "out of nowhere guy" for us he's got some reason to think it could work.

Plus also I'm just happy for this billboard turned meme:
63f78a61efca2.image.jpg

no love for Buffalo at all but that's really goddamn funny.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
the funny thing is I think Levi is the one they're banking on, and while he's an "out of nowhere guy" for us he's got some reason to think it could work.

Plus also I'm just happy for this billboard turned meme:
63f78a61efca2.image.jpg

no love for Buffalo at all but that's really goddamn funny.

Yeah I think they are going to give Levi a shot at the starting job as well. Can only go one of two ways, right? They have 8 mill in cap space to find another goalie but there aren't any good ones available.

And yep - that is funny!

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
last 7 or 8 of the 3rd they dominated, looking great; other than the 1st 10 minutes of the game they looked fine

with 5 of the top-6 fwds not playing no drastic conclusions to make with Preseason Gm 1 other than it's awesome to see live Hockey again with the potential of a new season
Can't wait for RS!

Reactions: Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I see Stevenson gave up 3 goals on only 9 shots for 30 mins play. This was his first taste of Pro hockey that arguably was even above AHL level hockey. Of the 3 goals, could he have played them better?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I see Stevenson gave up 3 goals on only 9 shots for 30 mins play. This was his first taste of Pro hockey that arguably was even above AHL level hockey. Of the 3 goals, could he have played them better?
My recollection is that two were like not against him. Crazy good aerial deflection with one of the those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad