GDT: Capitals Sabres 2pm-Monumental Sports (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is it just me, or are the score graphics for the Monumental network kinda large?

NAK doesn't seem to be in Carbery's immediate good graces (based on early lines), and taking an offensive zone penalty isn't going to help things. I think he's a perfectly viable 4th liner, but he takes far too many penalties.

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
Is it just me, or are the score graphics for the Monumental network kinda large?

NAK doesn't seem to be in Carbery's immediate good graces (based on early lines), and taking an offensive zone penalty isn't going to help things. I think he's a perfectly viable 4th liner, but he takes far too many penalties.
I thought the same thing. Way too big.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
early and obviously doesn't matter but boy does McIlrath just suck so bad...

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
early and obviously doesn't matter but boy does McIlrath just suck so bad...

I really want to know whose idea it was to give him significant time with the Caps last season when they were still fighting for a playoff spot.

Based on the Edmundson acquisition I feel like calling up McIlrath was a BMac attempt to "get tough" last year. Fission mailed.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I really want to know whose idea it was to give him significant time with the Caps last season when they were still fighting for a playoff spot.

Based on the Edmundson acquisition I feel like calling up McIlrath was a BMac attempt to "get tough" last year. Fission mailed.
to hear Kuznetsov talk about it that's got Lavi's stamp all over it. Right after their hot December Lavi said "we're playing playoff hockey now" and then they lost like 25+ games from then on and crapped out on the season. Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted some tough guy D to muck it up and sometimes clear the zone when he's lucky.

I don't have the same impression you do about GMBM, I think he listened to his coach and did about as much as he was willing to do to work with him without making a trade he knew wouldn't move the needle anyway

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Awful read by Suzdalev there leads to the breakaway. That wasn't a terrible pass by Fehervary, Suzdy just whiffed on the reception and then the Sabres were off to the races. Good speed by Fehervary to catch back up.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Awful read by Suzdalev there leads to the breakaway. That wasn't a terrible pass by Fehervary, Suzdy just whiffed on the reception and then the Sabres were off to the races. Good speed by Fehervary to catch back up.
Oh is that who that was, I thought it was Strome's 17 and thought it was pretty uncharacteristic of him to not expect the pass there but went "well that's preseason for you I guess"

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Oh is that who that was, I thought it was Strome's 17 and thought it was pretty uncharacteristic of him to not expect the pass there but went "well that's preseason for you I guess"
I had to pull up the training camp roster to figure out who 14 was :laugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
to hear Kuznetsov talk about it that's got Lavi's stamp all over it. Right after their hot December Lavi said "we're playing playoff hockey now" and then they lost like 25+ games from then on and crapped out on the season. Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted some tough guy D to muck it up and sometimes clear the zone when he's lucky.

I don't have the same impression you do about GMBM, I think he listened to his coach and did about as much as he was willing to do to work with him without making a trade he knew wouldn't move the needle anyway

Laviolette doesn't explain the Edmundson trade though. I know I'm lower on Edmundson than most and he's certainly not as bad as McIlrath, but it seems like the same sort of move.

I'm not even against pushing Alexeyev to 7D but I think Edmundson is the exact wrong type of player to play 6D, just like McIlrath was last year. That's why I wonder if it truly was Laviolette pushing for McIlrath last year.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Laviolette doesn't explain the Edmundson trade though. I know I'm lower on Edmundson than most and he's certainly not as bad as McIlrath, but it seems like the same sort of move.

I'm not even against pushing Alexeyev to 7D but I think Edmundson is the exact wrong type of player to play 6D, just like McIlrath was last year. That's why I wonder if it truly was Laviolette pushing for McIlrath last year.
I sincerely doubt that GMBM is as harsh as he is on Backstrom and what he level he needs to be at for the team and then turns around and watches McIlrath like "yes, this is what I wanted".

I think we also maybe got mixed up, I know I did, because McIlrath only played 6 games and I think I was thinking of Irwin for a lot of this. Frankly 6 games is just a "hey thanks bud" so I kind of don't care so much, it was Irwin that made me want to light myself on fire

anyway I think the difference between Edmundson and some of those calls is that it happened after. Like, once you've traded Orlov and bailed on Irwin, the D does get a little soggy on the back end and Edmundson at least plays Orpik-like around his crease (or so Habs fans tell us) so having one guy that can do it is still nice

I also think they're not comfortably betting on him being healthy all year

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Eric Comrie is not a good goalie

Can't really judge this powerplay yet. Still early in the pre-season and basically none of PP1 is playing tonight. But it looks disorganized right now.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not a good game for TVR. Loafing back on the first goal, then gets his hand hurt and is standing there as his guy deflects the go-ahead goal

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
That's a crafty play by Mantha to salvage a denied zone entry, and great wheels by Milano to get the puck to open ice and score.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corby78

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Milano has been the most visible Capitals player in the 3rd period. Some good, some bad. No reason for him to try and dance thru the entire Sabres team a moment ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad