Pre-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - Tuesday November 3, 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

Captain Ovi is in town, who's gonna stop him?

We won against the Leafs, but didn't play well except our 1st line. Bring our A-game tomorrow or we're toast.

Oshie vs Zuccarello...round 2 ;)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: How bout this #NYR practice: Nash-Brass-Zucc, Kreid-Step-Fast, Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg, Miller-DMoore-Stoll. McD-G, Staal-Klein, Yandle-McIlrath”

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
It sucks that a RD can't even sit out without leading to certain pairs that are just so easy to hate

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Lundqvist truly is in god mode to start the season. 1.87 GAA and .943 sv%.

We will need him to continue with that type of performance tomorrow.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Miller on the 4th line...come on AV, put him with Kreider-Stepan already. At least give it a shot, they haven't skated together since last playoffs.

Also I think Boyle has looked much better since his benching, not sure he deserves to be scratched, but I guess when trying to get McI a game, he's the odd man out.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein

puke.

Good to see McI getting another game though.

Miller on the 4th line...come on AV, put him with Kreider-Stepan already. At least give it a shot, they haven't skated together since last playoffs.

Also I think Boyle has looked much better since his benching, not sure he deserves to be scratched, but I guess when trying to get McI a game, he's the odd man out.

Miller absolutely deserves to be demoted.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
i feel like the eastern conference is basically the lightening at the top, then a 3-way tie between us, the canadiens and the caps. really hope we can win.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I like that we get to see Mac against the Caps. They're a good team, and he should match up pretty well against some of their big, hard-hitting forwards. It'll be a good test for him.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The only reason G is going back to the top pair, IMO, is because of his underlying numbers vs Ovi (funny enough, Staal has the best advanced stats vs Ovi).

Otherwise...I really don't like him being back with McDonagh. Hope this is only for this game.

I thought Etem did a great job in his two games, and I'd rather sit Miller for one game or two instead of Etem.

Stalberg back and on the third line maybe trying to bring back the early season chemistry that he/Lindberg/Hayes had. I like that. EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of Stalberg-Lindberg-Miller. I think The Bergs + Hayes could do well too.

Hope we come out strong. Show the league that we are for real this season, despite our roster changes.

Last edited:

Wolfy*

Happy McIlrath in for Boyle.

Old Boyle is done, every game is a struggle. He needs a rest now and then..

boule-on-bench-vert.jpg

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
I'll be there tomorrow night, and am looking forward to a great game. Should be a hard fought contest.

I have no problem with McD and Girardi paired together tomorrow. That pair usually does great against Ovi

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
McIlrath in, excellent.

Too bad I won't be able to watch any of the games M-F for the next 3 weeks because of training at work :(

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't like it, but I understand why AV would use those top two pairings. I'm really happy that McIlrath is getting another game in and that Stalberg is back in the lineup. Tomorrow night should be a tough one, but it's gonna be a really fun game to be at

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
I'm glad this game isn't today because it's my birthday and the Rangers are like 0-654654516 on this day. Nothing says happy birthday like a nice, crisp NYR loss.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Feel like we see McI-Wislon scrap in this one. Would loved for the undertaker to give Wilson a good old fashioned ass wooping.

Don't mind the experimentation this early in the season. The ultimate goal is to win the cup. Find out what guys play well together now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad