Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - 7pmish

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It would be better if he could play some. It would be worse if he were injured badly enough that he couldnt safely play some. Clearly playing less effectively in the first couple of playoff games would be better than not playing because of injury.

It would be better for his health, dont you think, if he could get 15 or 18 mins in the last game that doesnt count for much and get back in the swing of things than just dropping him into game 1 and him wanting to go 0 to 100% because the game counts?

Obviously that's going to be up to the trainers, but this seems like the type of injury that can be easily aggravated if he's not fully healed. I think they should err on the side of holding him out the rest of the regular season is all.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think Ovie has played enough games that recovery is more important than getting up to game speed this late in the season.

We are talking past each other a bit. If he is ready to play, I think he should play some. If he is not ready, then he shouldnt. If he is in if it was the playoffs he would play, he shouldnt. I am just saying that my hope would be that he feels right and is ready to go and if in that position I would give him some game reps rather than bubble wrap him

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We are talking past each other a bit. If he is ready to play, I think he should play some. If he is not ready, then he shouldnt. If he is in if it was the playoffs he would play, he shouldnt. I am just saying that my hope would be that he feels right and is ready to go and if in that position I would give him some game reps rather than bubble wrap him

Well yeah. I trust Ovie to know himself at this point. If he wants to play let him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Obviously that's going to be up to the trainers, but this seems like the type of injury that can be easily aggravated if he's not fully healed. I think they should err on the side of holding him out the rest of the regular season is all.

I am saying if he is fully healed, he should play. If he is NOT fully healed, then no. He shouldnt.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wilson was fined. Its over. Over except for the heads exploding on the mains
One thing that regularly perplexes me about the Willy freakouts, partly because it's common among the "fair-minded" set, is this idea that he needs to be "smarter." Nine out of 10 of his criminal acts has sparked his team to winning, often in critical moments and games that actually matter. Sure, once in a while it goes sideways, but my sense is that he picks his spots very well and is, contrary to what folks think they are watching, not at all out of control. Now sure, I guess you could argue he needs to be "smarter" because DoPS is out to get him, but really, if he worries too much about that, he loses a TON of his on-ice value and might as well retire.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
One thing that regularly perplexes me about the Willy freakouts, partly because it's common among the "fair-minded" set, is this idea that he needs to be "smarter." Nine out of 10 of his criminal acts has sparked his team to winning, often in critical moments and games that actually matter. Sure, once in a while it goes sideways, but my sense is that he picks his spots very well and is, contrary to what folks think they are watching, not at all out of control. Now sure, I guess you could argue he needs to be "smarter" because DoPS is out to get him, but really, if he worries too much about that, he loses a TON of his on-ice value and might as well retire.

What is also true about the be smarter comments is that Wilson has been smarter. How many examples have we had of Wilson following league directives for him and then after he has followed them by the numbers suspend him anyway? I know that happened at least twice. Then the last suspension the league threw up its hands and admitted he broke no suspendable direction and they were going to suspend him anyway.

Last night, the Caps have one of their two goalies in house suspended. Someone is poking and spearing their remaining goalie. He protected the kid. You dont think Vanecek feels stronger as a result? No question that with effectively one goalie left, Wilson is going to protect him.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I wish i had time to go to mains or Rags board. But i don’t need those types of fights in my life. Too much to be happy about.

But in this case the answer posed by some here and some on the mains. So are 30 teams wrong and 1 team is right... looks that way. DoPS surcummed to the social media pressure and outcry last time. They couldn’t do it again here or there would have been legal trouble. I’m sure that played a silent part. But really, that was hockey shenanigans.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's what they call a "toxic masculinity" to make themselves feel superior to people that built the old school, traditional way . Sure when you say that out loud sounds like you're such a smartass lmao. The society is ill indeed.
Oh stop. I agree that the reaction to this incident in a sport where grown men smash each other to mush for 60 minutes is absurd, but let's not use it to mock the very real concern about people who do shit like this:

Harvey Weinstein - Wikipedia

That's toxic masculinity. And it's real.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
re: OV and only taking the 1 shift...
I'm with MayDay on this one, after Lavi said in post-game presser that there was no aggravation of the injury, that OV just decided it wasn't feeling good enough, May says:
"yeah and I'm not wearing a tie" [clearly wearing a tie]

It appears OV made that turn/took a stride and you see him cut his stride short and head straight to the bench with a little reaction

Could it be the way Lavi said and OV took the 1 shift to test it and decided no-go? maybe, but I have some doubts from watching how he hitched up right before heading off

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Oh stop. I agree that the reaction to this incident in a sport where grown men smash each other to mush for 60 minutes is absurd, but let's not use it to mock the very real concern about people who do shit like this:

Not to drag things off topic but that isn't toxic masculinity. That's someone who is clearly abusing their position of power. I'm glad he finally got caught. Hollywood has a real problem.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
re: OV and only taking the 1 shift...
I'm with MayDay on this one, after Lavi said in post-game presser that there was no aggravation of the injury, that OV just decided it wasn't feeling good enough, May says:
"yeah and I'm not wearing a tie" [clearly wearing a tie]

It appears OV made that turn/took a stride and you see him cut his stride short and head straight to the bench with a little reaction

Could it be the way Lavi said and OV took the 1 shift to test it and decided no-go? maybe, but I have some doubts from watching how he hitched up right before heading off
I dunno. It clearly hurt, but is that a re-injury? Not necessarily.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

certainly out of left field to try to take this conversation to that guy….guy had a definition wrong…..moving on eesh.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm only saying the complaints about Wilson aren't an excuse to poo-poo the idea of toxic masculinity. The point about Weinstein was only to show how different they are.

I didn’t see that, I saw you react like he did though….

couldn’t have just said that’s the wrong definition? I know it’s fashionable to pig pile Melkor lately but eesh….

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't think that is confined to men, though. Women, if given the chance, will exploit power as well. It's a human problem. Yes, most people in positions of power are men, I admit.
Fine ok...

I didn’t see that, I saw you react like he did though….

couldn’t have just said that’s the wrong definition? I know it’s fashionable to pig pile Melkor lately but eesh….
I have no idea what the bolded means. But do go on telling me how I should explain myself.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad