Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Hurricanes - 12/20/13 7:00 PM - Caps Win 4-2

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Holtby has been awful. Who would you trade holtby or neuvy.

Holtby had two terrible games, in one of which he was replaced early. Before that, he made 34 saves on 36 shots against Preds. Name me any NHL goalie and I'll find a worst stretch for him in 2012-13/2013-14.

What have you done to me lately.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Thank goodness for powerplays and especially Grubauer, otherwise............

Congrats to Ovechkin on number 400 but it seemed so anticlimactic. Was hoping for something more dramatic like a game winner in overtime and the Caps still get the ROW. LOL

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That's my take on it... but everyone else sees him as the de facto #1 it seems.

Frankly, I like how someone is pushing him for the job. Competition brings out the best in everyone.

yes. this is the reason half or more of this board went ape$*^t when McPhee resigned neuvirth and didn't trade him.

holtby is not yet a known quantity. goalies like carey price have struggled significantly thru this period in their careers. yet, so many here wanted a veteran backup goalie.

mind you there is no reason whatever to jump to any conclusion about grubs except that he appears to be as capable of being good as either varly , neuvy, or holtby.

the caps could just as easily go to the Stanley cup finals with Neuvirth as they could lose in the first round with any of the current three.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Nothing Oates does makes sense. ;)

its probably the opposite. everything Oates does is logical to his approach. If you knew the inside circumstances and his basic position on the issue, you would find he is always true to that basic tenant. Boudreau would make a move based on a twinge in the middle of the game. I wonder if the word hunch even resides in Oates vocabulary.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
yes. this is the reason half or more of this board went ape$*^t when McPhee resigned neuvirth and didn't trade him.

holtby is not yet a known quantity. goalies like carey price have struggled significantly thru this period in their careers. yet, so many here wanted a veteran backup goalie.

mind you there is no reason whatever to jump to any conclusion about grubs except that he appears to be as capable of being good as either varly , neuvy, or holtby.

the caps could just as easily go to the Stanley cup finals with Neuvirth as they could lose in the first round with any of the current three.

People went ******* because Neuvirth sucks. If you don't have faith in Holtby, get a goalie with potential and the ability to push him. Neuvirth has no potential. He's just an overpaid backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad