GDT: Capitals @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
... but true. Face it, the way Bedard is playing at the moment he should not be playing 20 minutes a night.
Even an 18-year-old phenom needs to earn his ice time.
i totally agree but he is on a pedestal when it comes to ice time he is not great on the pp always shots over the net and it gets iced down the ice

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No, I get that. But it's still in response to a game where he produced. Remotely nobody is saying that he's perfect, and sure he looked tired at the end, but any player that gets you two points on a night isn't remotely the reason why you lost.
Come on... the 2nd assist was with a minute to go and the outcome was as good as decided...... and he didn't have a great game overall.... hasn't had one recently in fact.
I'm not jumping on the kid but there's a time when the gushing needs to stop and the talk should be what he is showing on the ice. Leave the gushing to Vosters and co.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Come on... the 2nd assist was with a minute to go and the outcome was as good as decided...... and he didn't have a great game overall.... hasn't had one recently in fact.
I'm not jumping on the kid but there's a time when the gushing needs to stop and the talk should be what he is showing on the ice. Leave the gushing to Vosters and co.
What he's showing on the ice.. like the second assist last night?

Those plays are basically the only reason to watch this year lol. The team stinks, there is no insulation for Bedard and he's keeping within reach of a point per game as the youngest player in the league, doing almost all of it at 5 on 5. What's wrong with a little gushing? Who cares about at what point of the game he makes a brilliant play? The odds are that we never get to see a talent of this caliber join the Blackhawks again, not saying at all that it's wrong to point out his mistakes but I personally will not be sweating the rookie mistakes at the cost of enjoying the ride.

Crow

May 19, 2014
If you didn’t enjoy watching that play I don’t think you will enjoy anything this year. Why watch, seriously? We are a bottom 5 team and that’s being generous. What are you looking to see?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If you want to discount the second assist because it was garbage time, okay… but he still got an assist on the only other Hawks goal.

Dude contributed to 100% of our goals yesterday, garbage time or not.

Again, literally no one is saying he’s above reproach. But just an odd time to complain when he was one of the few contributors yesterday.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If you didn’t enjoy watching that play I don’t think you will enjoy anything this year. Why watch, seriously? We are a bottom 5 team and that’s being generous. What are you looking to see?
It has nothing to do with enjoying Bedard's skills. I do, and what hockey fan doesn't.
But as a Blackhawks' fan his development as an NHLer is MUCH more important.... as well as the development of the team.

Reactions: BLKHKhockey

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What he's showing on the ice.. like the second assist last night?

Those plays are basically the only reason to watch this year lol. The team stinks, there is no insulation for Bedard and he's keeping within reach of a point per game as the youngest player in the league, doing almost all of it at 5 on 5. What's wrong with a little gushing? Who cares about at what point of the game he makes a brilliant play? The odds are that we never get to see a talent of this caliber join the Blackhawks again, not saying at all that it's wrong to point out his mistakes but I personally will not be sweating the rookie mistakes at the cost of enjoying the ride.
Bedard is not the only guy who could be part of the future. Vlasic, Kurashev, Reichel, (perhaps others) are also players we should be watching .... not to mention the progress of young guys in the org who are currently in College or in RFD and who will be joining the fold in years to come.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Reminder to everyone, Bobby was Kaner's biggest critic here.

So when he criticizes Bedsy, take that into account.
Bedsy? Give me a break.

The last thing this team needs is another country club atmosphere. Luke has worked hard to get rid of it. Kane got away with dogging it for years and the gushers thought that was just fine. I didn't and would hate to see Bedard fall into that category. (I doubt he will .. He seemingly enjoys playing the game properly)
Some of you folks crack me up. In one breath you'll claim that the 18-year-old is not beyond reproach but then whine when someone points out anything in his play that isn't 100 percent positive. I can only hope the coaching staff won't wear the same blinders that some Hawks fans do and coach the kid properly.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Crow

May 19, 2014
Bedsy? Give me a break.

The last thing this team needs is another country club atmosphere. Luke has worked hard to get rid of it. Kane got away with dogging it for years and the gushers thought that was just fine. I didn't and would hate to see Bedard fall into that category. (I doubt he will .. He seemingly enjoys playing the game properly)
Some of you folks crack me up. In one breath you'll claim that the 18-year-old is not beyond reproach but then whine when someone points out anything in his play that isn't 100 percent positive. I can only hope the coaching staff won't wear the same blinders that some Hawks fans do and coach the kid properly.
No one is saying his play is 100% positive at 18 years old. Of course he is going to have to work on his game and there will be mistakes. I expect them. There are a lot of young players on this team who need to learn from their mistakes.

I think the issue is more that you are overwhelmingly negative on his play as shown by you writing off a beautiful assist that showcased what separates him from the vast majority of players in this league. It’s like no matter what he does you’ll find a reason to write it off if it’s positive.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No one is saying his play is 100% positive at 18 years old. Of course he is going to have to work on his game and there will be mistakes. I expect them. There are a lot of young players on this team who need to learn from their mistakes.

I think the issue is more that you are overwhelmingly negative on his play as shown by you writing off a beautiful assist that showcased what separates him from the vast majority of players in this league. It’s like no matter what he does you’ll find a reason to write it off if it’s positive.
Oh for gawds sake... overwhelmingly negative..... what because I don't have an orgasm every time he makes a nice pass? You're out to lunch.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Oh for gawds sake... overwhelmingly negative..... what because I don't have an orgasm every time he makes a nice pass? You're out to lunch.
It's just strange when you salivate over plugs who play a physical defensive game but cant put the puck in the ocean, and can't stand players who actually help and put the puck in the back of the net but lack defensive and physical play.

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad