GDT: Capitals @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well it became 3 on 2 when he left McMichael. I’m assuming they defend most dangerous man there.

Two Hawks puck watching, and not picking up the high man. It just wasn't his guy. He didn't come back 100% because it was a 3 on 3 and they should have been fine. Plenty to criticize him for, defensively. That wasn't it.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
WE ARE BACK BABY!!!!
rustedtank.jpg

Reactions: Geoist

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Two Hawks puck watching, and not picking up the high man. It just wasn't his guy. He didn't come back 100% because it was a 3 on 3 and they should have been fine. Plenty to criticize him for, defensively. That wasn't it.
I thought it was 3 on 3, he was trailing 3rd and then slowed up and McMichael then was open for 3 on 2 in the high slot.

Edit:

Just replayed it. Kurashev was deeper and took the trailer and then Phillips just randomly went with a guy and left the high slot open when Zaitsev was already there.

Saw it wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
luke don't care it's preshis Bedard even when he is not playing well he still get's 20.00 minutes of ice time way to much
precious

luke don't care it's preshis Bedard even when he is not playing well he still get's 20.00 minutes of ice time way to much
precious

precious

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
This team has zero aspirations, there is no reason to bench Bedard for a defensive lapse or a bad turnover so that the two-headed monster that is Tyler & Reese Johnson can plug it up and do jack shit with that ice time. Bedard will improve with time, there are no 18 year olds who step right into the league without their share of struggles and this team has the unique luxury of playing him through them without it costing them anything.

"My 18 year old center got outworked on the backcheck" matters a whole lot less in the big picture than "my 18 year old center delivered an unbelievable backhand sauce pass for an easy backdoor goal", you play Bedard through the mistakes because what matters more than anything for this franchise's future is him figuring out when and how he can make that play he made on the 2nd goal. The details that go into making him a complete player will come with time.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Bedard with 23pts after 27gp nice

Murphy played his 400th games with the Blackhawks and scored his 27th goal as a Hawk!

Hjalmarsson is 10th all time games played for Blackhawks defencemen
623gp 23g 120a 143pts
Murphy is 19th all time
400gp 27g 61a 88pts

Trade has worked out okay actually, all things considered
1023gp 50g 181a 231pts

Hopefully Murphy gets dealt for another solid dman to carry on the chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad