GDT: Capitals @ Blue Jackets - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win. Wilson should get extra assist for that GWG.

Climbed to 9th in the NHL with .633 point%.

Reactions: Calicaps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It's a good problem to have when your 4th line is the worst line. But still, the 4th line has been rough. Malenstyn and Dowd each at 4% xG share tonight. (Edit: the stats were corrected overnight and Dowd/Malenstyn finished at 16% xG share) NAK at 30%. I know they get rough deployments but it's not enough to explain their results as a trio.

Also curious to see how little 5v5 ice time Mantha and Protas got last night. I know it's probably because they are trying to insulate Lapierre a bit but there's no reason that line should have gotten ~11 minutes and the 4th line 16 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: um

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Listening to Cbus coach say Wilson is doing his job and they need to be better. Then reading Elvis response seems to be 2 very different messages in that locker room.

I don't think Elvis is very liked in the CBJ dressing room.

Did you see how many teammates came back to defend him on his walk of shame? 1. Gudbranson.

Any coach would be furious with that play. 3-on-2 for them turned into PK and if you are the goalie taking a penalty like that in the OT, you better kill the ensuing penalty. He couldn't.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I've not seen this one yet Tom full on giving Elvis the business here
1000000962.jpg

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Columbus and their coach didn’t even argue the penalty, at least not that I saw. Werenski was by the box for the explanation and he was just nodding in agreement like “yep ok sure makes sense”

Columbus also had numbers the other way to win the game until Elvis decided to stop play with his tantrum

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, Elvis didn’t earn good will with his team at all there. Numbers going the other way and he ruins it, they played hard in front of him and he selfishly squandered their whole game. Nobody was arguing the call, his own coach called it out in his presser, meanwhile Elvis is crying in the locker room like, “He could have killed me :’( I have no regrets”

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I know it's fun to pick on Elvis, but I like his ferocity and desire. I would take him on the Caps.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Watch this for his comments on Tom Wilson. Good stuff right here.

Most of the twixxer replies are BJ fans hating on the coach. Heart warming to see this club and their fans in utter disarray and in the bottom of the east.

Also, for the people recently criticizing Willy: There's where your extra 1-2mil AAV goes. He may not always end up on the scoresheet, or maybe the fancy stats don't show it, but he's worth every penny.

Last edited:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I love to watch Willy use his speed/skating to blow by fools. Seems like a lot of opposing players (and their fans) really don't know how north-south fast he can be (when he's not suffering/recovering from a lower-body injury).

Like most people, I'm not confident that he'll be able to keep that up in the later years of his contract. But it's really nice to see (to my eyes, at least) him performing up to his immediate pre-injury standards--if not above those standards, now that he finally appears to be fully recovered.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1703262476592.png

Delusional.

TW was playing the puck and was snowplowing to a stop in front of Smelvis when he was shoved from behind by a CBus player and went into the net. Then Eflish hulked out and shoved/punched TW repeatedly.

SOMEONE got what they deserved, alright.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Listening to Cbus coach say Wilson is doing his job and they need to be better. Then reading Elvis response seems to be 2 very different messages in that locker room.

I think the coach will go back to Elvis and tell him to suck it up and maintain composure next time.

If Cbus had a Tom Wilson, I would expect Carbs to tell his team to ignore him and let him take bad penalties on his own. Wilson didn’t do anything bad that game, but I guess goalies are sensitive and easily triggered.

Reactions: kicksavedave

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
"f*** you, Elvis" is going to have some real legs around here, I'm certain.

Haven't seen trolling that good since Backstrom was telling that dude from Vegas to "stay on the ice, you're terrible" during the Cup finals.

Ovi heater incoming!!!

View attachment 788644

Delusional.

TW was playing the puck and was snowplowing to a stop in front of Smelvis when he was shoved from behind by a CBus player and went into the net. Then Eflish hulked out and shoved/punched TW repeatedly.

SOMEONE got what they deserved, alright.

Elvis should ask the internet to have that thing deleted. Cringe factor: 11

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
What was Elvis’ response? Nevermind, I see it

It's a good problem to have when your 4th line is the worst line. But still, the 4th line has been rough. Malenstyn and Dowd each at 4% xG share tonight. (Edit: the stats were corrected overnight and Dowd/Malenstyn finished at 16% xG share) NAK at 30%. I know they get rough deployments but it's not enough to explain their results as a trio.

Also curious to see how little 5v5 ice time Mantha and Protas got last night. I know it's probably because they are trying to insulate Lapierre a bit but there's no reason that line should have gotten ~11 minutes and the 4th line 16 minutes.
Beck and NAK could be replaced by Milano and Oshie. That would make for an interesting 4th line.

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
"f*** you, Elvis" is going to have some real legs around here, I'm certain.

Haven't seen trolling that good since Backstrom was telling that dude from Vegas to "stay on the ice, you're terrible" during the Cup finals.

Ovi heater incoming!!!

Elvis should ask the internet to have that thing deleted. Cringe factor: 11
It's certainly a team building moment.

Hows Miro been looking?
Not too bad for a rookie in his first two games. He had a couple of scoring opportunities, however his first game the 4th line seemed to get most of the ice time. At least to my eyes they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad