Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Blue Jackets | 11/12/21 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Well....That wasnt the question. Wanna try the question that I asked? The Caps are keeping Cholo for a reason. I dont think its a decision to be made til Mantha returns anyway. I was just wondering if there were room for 1 which it would be.
They’re keeping him because they can. They don’t have to move anyone right now. They have injuries and LTIR flexibility so it’s not exactly pressing. When they have to make the move, do they keep depth forwards who have shown they can play and have developed within the organization or an 8th dman who hasn’t played a game yet?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
They’re keeping him because they can. They don’t have to move anyone right now. They have injuries and LTIR flexibility so it’s not exactly pressing. When they have to make the move, do they keep depth forwards who have shown they can play and have developed within the organization or an 8th dman who hasn’t played a game yet?
Keep Cholo over Irwin

Reactions: CapsCrazyX17

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Ok. So. You dont want to answer my question. Gotcha

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This is silly. The team needs Eller to find his game--you have to let him play for that happen--and he appears to be. Kuzy deserves his ice time. CMM got strategic deployments and had success. Catastrophe! Unacceptable!
Would you have supported Kuznetsov getting 50% of the ice time last year (when you were critical of his play) in the name of “finding his game?”

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is silly. The team needs Eller to find his game--you have to let him play for that happen--and he appears to be. Kuzy deserves his ice time. CMM got strategic deployments and had success. Catastrophe! Unacceptable!

Laviolette wants Eller on the ice a lot for a reason. He's been doing it since last season. That said, the ice time that Axe is getting has my attention.

Reactions: troyerlaw

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I did, I said both. But apparently that’s not an option

Exactly. I didnt ask that question. Yes, for now they can keep both. I wanted to know how we felt about Axe vs Sprong. Bad idea I can see. A bad choice of questions. Next?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Would you have supported Kuznetsov getting 50% of the ice time last year (when you were critical of his play) in the name of “finding his game?”
No. Because Kuzy didn't have a long record of playing his heart out for this team and in fact was not only playing poorly but acting like an idiot off the ice for 2 seasons. Eller has such a record of commitment. Therefore he has more rope in my book

Last edited:

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
That really is a bizarre 3 stars considering Hathaway had two and Ovi passed Hull. But that’s cool

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well....That wasnt the question. Wanna try the question that I asked? The Caps are keeping Cholo for a reason. I dont think its a decision to be made til Mantha returns anyway. I was just wondering if there were room for 1 which it would be.
Sprong, easily. AJF and Hagelin are the same player. Sprong can play on any of the top three lines and on either side.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ah… this is crazy. how does Hath not get a star. Not only did he score two but he was a beast on dee at the end in the last PK. And of course throwing his body around. He was awesome tonight.

IIRC the 3 stars are done by a local media person. Personal biases easily come into play. I watched some of the CBJ broadcast and they were really shining up McMichael. Might be in their media room McMichael ran with that and impressed. Might have even been them. You would think two goals when nobody scored 3 would be a ticket and Ovechkin for obvious reasons, but ok.

The headline for the game recap video is Ov scores to pass Hull and Hathaway scores 2.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Well before we have to make any of those decisions, a lot more games will be played and we’ll see then.

Was watching Tarik on NHL network tonight and he said Oshie is likely to be the first back. Said that Backstrom is skating in pads but just doesn’t look right and will probably be a while. Who knows on Mantha. Bottom line we’ll have a lot of LTIR space probably most of the season.

I haven’t seen any of the youngins play their way out of the lineup but sounds like Axe has 30 days and then he has to clear waivers. So he might have to go back down in a couple of weeks. Malenstyn, CMM, Protas, and Leason are all waiver exempt and it doesn’t matter.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Just dropping by to say Congratulations on your Legendary Captain moving into sole possession of #4 on the Goals Scored list.

Even sweeter that he did so in a Win, which I believe is still his priority as he chases History.

Cheers,
69CBDDF4-799C-4466-A6A2-3E4C8D45D790.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad