GDT: CAPITALize on the Games in Hand!: Capitals @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
He singlehandedly killed both PKs when Zajac was in the box.

Bratt came off after like 10 seconds of coming on for Gibbons and Hischier did the same the next PK. Devils were abusing Gibbons there.
Is the Gibbons-Zajac-Noesen line back?
I only caught a glimpse of the third period and they were together.

Mind you, i'll understand if the lines were jumbled due to Boyle penalty

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Remember Dregers words after talking with Eakins

“It’s not one player. It’s the collection of players that make up the sagging work ethic and lack of culture. But if you had to put a face on it, or a name to it, that name would be Taylor Hall."

Hard to believe this is the same guy
they say he plays with his heart on his sleeve. i can see him as being extremely emotional. when things are going poorly, it must really suck for him, because "he cares so much"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just listen to Cangy here :

LOL he got a step on Smith-Pelly.

How lousy are the Caps that they got this guy playing on the 1st line? I don't see how they're that bad, that they got a passenger like him playing up there.

Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Besides losing us s couple of games that is just pure fiction. His first 10 were shaky at best he was one of the worst possession players with no points and something like a -5...(, actually 1 assist)

Look at his game log for yourself

Sami Vatanen 2017-18 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com
How about just become a Ducks fan? Get a Henrique Ducks jersey and watch Anaheim, go over on their boards and drool over his uninspiring play.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
The thing about Hall is that I believe he took a big step forward this offseason from a leadership/maturation standpoint. I think some of what was said in Edmonton has truth to it, maybe not to that exteme but still. Having success gets the most out of him, Windsor winning in juniors was when he was touted to be the top pick, that goes to show something.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about just become a Ducks fan? Get a Henrique Ducks jersey and watch Anaheim, go over on their boards and drool over his uninspiring play.
Vatanen has been awesome. He’s playing pretty good. Not sure why some people aren’t happy with him. He’s been real good.

I’m pretty happy with him. It was still a fair trade, not a robbery like Hall for Larsson, but it was a fair trade and it made sense.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Wood right now kind of reminds me of a poor mans Chris Kreider. And I dislike Kreider a lot, he's dirty and reckless and the league has been soft on him because he's a Ranger, but they're both bull in a china shop physical presence guys. I don't know though if Wood will ever develop the hockey IQ of Kreider.
I often here criticism regarding kreider that he doesnt give consistent effort. That is not wood.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
watched what i could of the game that was a huge gutsy win. devils were holding on by their fingernails at the end there.

stafford and hall both get breakaways they score by roofing the puck! they do this when players are chasing them down split second decision......yet in a shootout with all the time in the world everyone on this team fails to lift the puck. i never understand that. they always get so close in tight that they end up putting it into the goalies pad

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
The thing about Hall is that I believe he took a big step forward this offseason from a leadership/maturation standpoint. I think some of what was said in Edmonton has truth to it, maybe not to that exteme but still. Having success gets the most out of him, Windsor winning in juniors was when he was touted to be the top pick, that goes to show something.

I think the talk with Shero helped. Can't hurt playing with Nico and Bratt. But, this season made me realize how important player psychology is. Similar with Bratt and his mental coach.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
watched what i could of the game that was a huge gutsy win. devils were holding on by their fingernails at the end there.

stafford and hall both get breakaways they score by roofing the puck! they do this when players are chasing them down split second decision......yet in a shootout with all the time in the world everyone on this team fails to lift the puck. i never understand that. they always get so close in tight that they end up putting it into the goalies pad
Goalie is more comfortable during the shootout and knows what player is coming and what to expect. Different situations.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Vatanen has been awesome. He’s playing pretty good. Not sure why some people aren’t happy with him. He’s been real good.

I’m pretty happy with him. It was still a fair trade, not a robbery like Hall for Larsson, but it was a fair trade and it made sense.

Few people understand the meaning of fair trade or don’t think it’s possible, we’ve been spoiled with Shero and Lou mostly winning trades that we think trades have to have a winner and a loser.

Goalie is more comfortable during the shootout and knows what player is coming and what to expect. Different situations.

Plus Stafford is the Devils best shootout guy anyway lol, at least historically. But yeah breakaways are different from shootouts or even penalty shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad