CapGeek/General Fanager Replacement?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
First site to get a quality Armchair GM mode (That doesn't require signing up for account on site) will win this battle

Hopefully we get one soon ,, I miss Armchair GM from Capgeek

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I'd be still very interested to hear who were the people that told Bettman explicitly that fans are not interested.
I don't think anyone did. I think that's a Bettman call. He probably personally wants to move the focus to the game on the ice. Just like clamping down on the business/relocation speculation in the intermissions.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I think the vast majority of hockey fans have no interest in the business of the game. I suspect that there is a reasonably large chunk that don't even know there is a salary cap. My guess is that less than about 5% of hockey fans ever visited capgeek.com or a similar site.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I think the vast majority of hockey fans have no interest in the business of the game. I suspect that there is a reasonably large chunk that don't even know there is a salary cap. My guess is that less than about 5% of hockey fans ever visited capgeek.com or a similar site.

I think salary cap affects the game _way_ more than for example advanced stats. That is, hypothetically thinking that NHL had to choose either-or to be a new feature in NHL.com. Furthermore, I really think salary cap (at the base level) is a lot easier to understand than advanced stats.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Do any of the sites have a comparable contracts list for arbitration?

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
The best one I've found as of yet is https://hockeyscap.com/.

It has a fully functional Armchair GM mode that doesn't require signing on if you don't mind not publishing your rosters, just fiddling around with it.

It updates itself quite fast too with the new signings and holds a lot of information on players' contracts details, stats and team specifics.

The interface is beautiful, simple and easy-to-use, reminiscent in many ways to Capgeek as well as basic color scheme.

Anyways, you should check it out.

EDIT: For those with slower computers, hockeyscap is also definitely a very good option as it loads fast and smooth.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
capfriendly is pretty awesome

it is missing at least 1 thing I desire

well either that or I can't find,don't know how to do/use it

if the front page chart had a "year option" to it, that would be great

change it so we can see how each team stacks up against each other next year and maybe a couple of years after that.

can easily compare, who is in cap trouble next year and who is not and the likes.

Last edited:

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
LOL, CapFriendly just launched their own expansion draft tool. I'd almost say its better than what General Fanager had too from just playing around with it so far (for example, they already exluded long term injury guys like Pronger and Clarkson as being "exempt").

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
LOL, CapFriendly just launched their own expansion draft tool. I'd almost say its better than what General Fanager had too from just playing around with it so far (for example, they already exluded long term injury guys like Pronger and Clarkson as being "exempt").

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

I wonder if we could get each fan bases protected players and then see what is left and predict the LV team they will ice.

From playing around with it..there seems to be no shortage of goaltenders that will be available.

http://capcrunch.io is another one in development.

I like this layout. Still needs a ton of work it seems.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I wonder if we could get each fan bases protected players and then see what is left and predict the LV team they will ice.

From playing around with it..there seems to be no shortage of goaltenders that will be available.

30+ will be available. Sharks will have two exposed (one under contract, one pending UFA).

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
30+ will be available. Sharks will have two exposed (one under contract, one pending UFA).
One thing I was thinking that should change with their tool, but why would a team protect a pending UFA? Vegas would be naive to select a pending UFA thinking they could re-sign them and the team protecting one would waste a spot.

That player also wouldn't count towards the NHL position requirements as they all state that the player exposed has to be "under contract" in 2017-18. Like with the Sharks, why would they protect either Joe Thornton or Patrick Marleau (regardless of where they are now in terms of production) as UFAs when them being "exposed" doesnt count for anything?

rikki

May 20, 2017
looks like they stopped updating it 2 years ago

awww thats tooOf course, they can often explain what is ugly and what is the same, just like us, but only at an intuitive level. What they really care about is the overall feel of the site, whether it's fluid or tedious, and easy to operate. That's what the designer says. Good design is transparent. If your users are concerned about the interface, it's probably because they hate the interface.
This transparent metaphor also applies to copywriting on web design Web pages. It is worth mentioning that, in fact, the average user in reading and writing education is much more than the design, although still only a standard education products. For these users, we would call them "normal users" instead of our visual monsters, and browsing the web is a reading experience for them. They are concerned with the reading of promotional advertising words and feature lists that relate to services, and even more than the visual layout of elements that concern the web page. They might even prefer to hire designers who do what they say. If you have enough solid copy, they won't care too much or make a lot of comments. They are busy with the content of the copy.
Here I want to say that the key point is that design and copywriting are two different sides of a coin. They are interrelated and inseparable. Users are not just looking at design or text, but looking at a web site, whether a single integrated project is desirable or not. bad...!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad