Post-Game Talk: Canucks spank Coyotes 6-1 (Higgins, Hansen, Weber, Santorelli, Sestito, Garrison)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Horvat was a beast on faceoffs last night, winning 8 out of 10. He's been steadily improving in this regard; in the first Edmonton game he won 2 of 9 (22%), in the second he won 9 of 16 (56%).

StringerBell

Outside of a couple of shifts in the third period, Domi was invisible. A minus player with sixteen and a half minutes of ice time.

Compare that to Horvat with less than thirteen minutes, two points and a plus two on the night.

Domi would only look good to someone watching the game from under a bridge.

A royal bridge.

I thought he had a good second period too.

Lundface*

He had a pretty good game in my eyes too. No shame in admitting it, we have no reason to hope for him to play poorly. He got behind the defence on one occasion early but slipped up as he crossed the blue line, and looked dangerous towards the end of the game in Vancouver's zone.

I didn't go into this game looking for him but he was definitely noticeable. At 9 I wouldn't have taken him but I was high on him before the draft and would have been happy to take him in the mid to late teens.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I found him quiet in the first, but very strong in the second and third. This is also playing on a team tab was struggling last night. Domi, Rundblad and OEL were really the only bright spots for the Yotes last night imo. I don't know if he necessarily played better than Horvat, nor do I care because Dom's development has little to do with our success

arsmaster*

Don't want to start a new thread for this, but we're back to using our goal song from our SC run in 2010-11 - or at least for the pre-season.

We were using Gold On The Ceiling too.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Horvat was a beast on faceoffs last night, winning 8 out of 10. He's been steadily improving in this regard; in the first Edmonton game he won 2 of 9 (22%), in the second he won 9 of 16 (56%).

he's on pace to win almost 100% of his draws next time around! :sarcasm:

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Good game but Phoenix looked like ****. I dont think Ribeiro and Doan would have made too much more of a difference. Maybe its 6-2 or 6-3.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Tonight's game against the Sharks will be really interesting. They're pretty much icing their full roster minus only those who are injured (Havlat, Torres, Stuart) and perhaps their 3 best forward prospects are playing (Hertl, Nieto, Hamilton). Niemi will be in net as well.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Tonight's game against the Sharks will be really interesting. They're pretty much icing their full roster minus only those who are injured (Havlat, Torres, Stuart) and perhaps their 3 best forward prospects are playing (Hertl, Nieto, Hamilton). Niemi will be in net as well.

Over-under for Sharks gifted power plays?

Still think it was a BS power play given to them that broke the tie game in the previous pre-season game with them. Some things never change...

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

Still think it was a BS power play given to them that broke the tie game in the previous pre-season game with them. Some things never change...

Yeah, nothing's changed with the reffing. I curse the day Burrows held that press conference. Ridiculous that we're still paying for that, especially since even the NHL knew Auger was **** since they forced him into retirement.

The refs need to grow up and be ****ing professionals and stop holding a grudge against us.

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
Yeah, nothing's changed with the reffing. I curse the day Burrows held that press conference. Ridiculous that we're still paying for that, especially since even the NHL knew Auger was **** since they forced him into retirement.

The refs need to grow up and be ****ing professionals and stop holding a grudge against us.

Looks to me like Shinkaruk is next in line to keep up that tradition. Lots of non-calls against him last night. The body slam in the corner sticks out in my mind.

arsmaster*

The ticky tack calls are driving me crazy, especially when they only get called one way.

Consistency is way too much to ask for in this league.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Tortorella will slowly teach the Canucks to stop giving the opportunities for refs to even make those calls, I think. He's done it everywhere else. It might take awhile, given the lack of discipline the Canucks have repeatedly shown over the past decade, but it will happen.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
It really seems like Torts wants Burrows with Kesler, thereby relying on the twins to carry their winger. Higgins makes a natural compliment there. I guess, even if it's hit or miss, see what they can do over the greater sample.

Which leaves Booth-Schroeder-Kassian for the 3rd and a mix of Richardson-Santorelli-Weise-Sestito and 1/2 forward additions to round out the 4th line.
Also looks like they want a right-hander on the top line.

Burrows and Kesler looked good last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad