Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Borna Rendulic

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Much like acquiring Sutter based on one game where he scored twice against Boston, I'm 95% sure Benning signed Rendulic because of this goal.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Could Rendulic be the Ben Hutton breakout candidate at training camp this year? His emergence would likely mean Virtanen goes down for some AHL seasoning, which is fine as well. Can't rush things

VAN-EDM and VAN-CGY games are going to be quite exciting these coming few years (if you're stomach is ready for it)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Croatian Power Forward 6'4 203 lbs via eliteprospects
"A winger with a big frame, Rendulic possesses a promising combination of size and scoring ability. He has a finisher's instinct and both the strength and skill to power his way to the net. Rendulic has good technique and his shot is a threat, but underuse - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30359#sthash.AViDPYu0.dpuf"

Seems most intriguing from all of today's under-the-radar Canuck signings

:laugh:

I've been following his career since he played in Finland

Keeps improving

And I hope he gets a call up next season

How does he keep improving when he stagnated for two years?

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Rendulic's big frame, hockey intelligence could work marvels with international roster of Canucks.

Borna really matured over last 2 years in AHL, he's big, he's good and he's ready to work his ass of for this chance to shine.

In short, Bo Horvat is croatian descent, Rendulic's youth club Medvecak drafted KHL rights for Virtiannen in 2013.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
If he starts out in a top 6 role in Utica with decent line mates he could really shine

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting pick-up....have to admit that until his signing was announced I'd never heard of him.....but has actually played 15 NHL games, and had 38 points in 68 games last year with AHL San Antonio...right-shooting forward who can play either wing and good size, listed at 6'3, 205....obviously at 24 he's a border-line NHL prospect, but if nothing else, a solid get for Uitca.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
when he can't even bump out Jack Skille or John Mitchell in Colorado last season

don't expect anything much better than that

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
when he can't even bump out Jack Skille or John Mitchell in Colorado last season

Just because he didn't bump someone in the NHL doesn't mean he's not as good, or better. Look no further than the Canucks who have plenty of players with the Comets who could probably bump some of our roster players.

In any case I think it's a solid addition to the Comets.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

True...but sometimes the contracts enter into it....both Mitchell and Skille on one-way NHL contracts, and assume Rendulic was on a two-way.....unlike the Canuck owners, some other NHL owners are loathe to send guys on NHL contracts to the AHL unless the minor league guy is a clear upgrade.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Don't need to assume, he was on two way with these two on one way.

Also, with that bad AHL organisation it was hard to pick up someone for going up. In 14/15 he got a good streak then broke his leg. Made 15/16 opening day roster from camp.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Much like acquiring Sutter based on one game where he scored twice against Boston, I'm 95% sure Benning signed Rendulic because of this goal.

A better sample is his first NHL goal on the pp for the Avs....posted on Youtube for viewing...quite a snipe....guy appears to have a great one-timer if nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad