Rumor: Canucks 'poking around' on Evan Rodrigues and 'in the mix' for Calvin de Haan

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
E-Rod and DeHaan are both good players. I'm surprised either guy is still available on the UFA scrap heap.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
E-Rod and DeHaan are both good players. I'm surprised either guy is still available on the UFA scrap heap.

De Haan is not a good player. Unless you consider immobile guys who can't move the puck and are injured all the time "good".

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
De Haan is not a good player. Unless you consider immobile guys who can't move the puck and are injured all the time "good".
That sounds like the historical benchmark to be a defenseman in Vancouver.

I think we have enough cap space for both (assuming De Haan is a buriable amount) and to call Burroughs back up for a 23 man roster under the cap if Poolman, who might be as bad as De Haan, but more expensive, starts the year on the LTIR from last year's concussion.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Am I remembering wrong, or was this getting hyped as an offseason the Canucks would do a major overhaul, just for them to do nothing but sign Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, and Lazar?
I think that was all predicated on the team not improving in season. The dead cat bounce lasted 50 some games.

Also, Miller/Garland/Boeser and Myers/OEL were seen as very valuable assets by Rutherford and Allvin, and the market seems quieter then it ought to be. I'm sure some teams will want to tweak things a little if their other offseason moves don't work out as well as hoped.

I'm not complaining yet though, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko and Lazar give us something we didn't have at year end and it cost us nothing but cap space at this point.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Am I remembering wrong, or was this getting hyped as an offseason the Canucks would do a major overhaul, just for them to do nothing but sign Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, and Lazar?
It was a really weird off-season market.
Just look at the names that are still available.

Other than Calgary, the trade market was absolutely weird as well.

Mikheyev and Lazar should Drastically improve our PK which was on pace for being worst in NHL History last year.

Kuzmenko is a free shot, who knows how it turns out.

Canucks definitely got better, and lost nobody.

Reactions: Cogburn

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
ERod's teams do okay with him at 1C

The Maple Leafs are an embarrassment. Losing 7-1 to a team with no Crosby/Malkin/Letang/Rust/Carter and no head coach... most unbelievably with Evan Rodrigues as the 1C.

How can someone watch all the Leafs games and think that this is a winning core

QuinnsQuest

Aug 9, 2022
It was a really weird off-season market.
Just look at the names that are still available.

Other than Calgary, the trade market was absolutely weird as well.

Mikheyev and Lazar should Drastically improve our PK which was on pace for being worst in NHL History last year.

Kuzmenko is a free shot, who knows how it turns out.

Canucks definitely got better, and lost nobody.
This is key them getting better. Maybe why the trade of JTM is not happening now unless they get that roster player they want back. If not a roster RHD then add in RHD prospect. That will keep the improved theme on track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad