Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | A True Playoff Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
my favorite part of the game last night was when Petey took a full run at McNabb when he was in a board battle with someone else. just missed him. this was after the cheap cross check to the ribs.
Caught that as well. Would have liked some of the other Canucks to take care of Mcnabb for him, but still like that out of Petey.

Nashville finishing the season on the 15th, and the Canucks playing on the 18th is certainly a competitive advantage. NHL needs everyone finishing the season on the same day, like the NFL.

Flex one of the bigger games to be the National Broadcast game.

Reactions: Jerry the great

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Wonder if Carolina is gonna let Martinook walk. Could be somebody who could work on our 3rd line.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005

Fun article. Worth reading.

Boeser (6) - Dad's number in high school and friend who passed away in a car accident

Soucy (7) - nephew's number

Garland (8) - wore it as a kid

Miller (9) - wanted 10, 11, or 12 and this was closest

Hronek (17) - been wearing this since he was 4 years old

Lafferty (18) - stepdad's number

Hoglander (21) - Peter Forsberg fan

Lindholm (23) - son was born in 2023

Suter (24) - didn't pick it; Blackhawks gave him it

DeSmith (29) - wore it in college because of Ken Dryden

Di Giuseppe (34) - Hurricanes have him it

Demko (35) - very good friend passed away and he wore 35

Petterssn (40) - got it in Sweden

Hughes (43) - all other numbers were taken on the U17 & U18 teams

Juulsen (47) - Abbotsford Canucks' head equipment manager gave him it

Friedman (51) - Jake Gardiner fan

Blueger (53) - training camp number when he got to Pittsburgh

Myers (57) - training camp number when he got to Buffalo

Mikheyev (65) - father was born in 1965

Joshua (81) - wanted 8 but was already taken and figured 81 was the best of the 80s

Cole (82) - usually wears 28 but flipped because of Bourdon

Aman (88) - Canucks trainer Brian Hamilton picked it

Zadorov (91) - upside down 16, his last number. Which is a reference to his father's favourite player Vladimir Petrov

Podkolzin (92) - has worn it his entire life until the KHL

Joshua should have given Garland that Rolex 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Vector

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Fun article. Worth reading.

Boeser (6) - Dad's number in high school and friend who passed away in a car accident

Soucy (7) - nephew's number

Garland (8) - wore it as a kid

Miller (9) - wanted 10, 11, or 12 and this was closest

Hronek (17) - been wearing this since he was 4 years old

Lafferty (18) - stepdad's number

Hoglander (21) - Peter Forsberg fan

Lindholm (23) - son was born in 2023

Suter (24) - didn't pick it; Blackhawks gave him it

DeSmith (29) - wore it in college because of Ken Dryden

Di Giuseppe (34) - Hurricanes have him it

Demko (35) - very good friend passed away and he wore 35

Petterssn (40) - got it in Sweden

Hughes (43) - all other numbers were taken on the U17 & U18 teams

Juulsen (47) - Abbotsford Canucks' head equipment manager gave him it

Friedman (51) - Jake Gardiner fan

Blueger (53) - training camp number when he got to Pittsburgh

Myers (57) - training camp number when he got to Buffalo

Mikheyev (65) - father was born in 1965

Joshua (81) - wanted 8 but was already taken and figured 81 was the best of the 80s

Cole (82) - usually wears 28 but flipped because of Bourdon

Aman (88) - Canucks trainer Brian Hamilton picked it

Zadorov (91) - upside down 16, his last number. Which is a reference to his father's favourite player Vladimir Petrov

Podkolzin (92) - has worn it his entire life until the KHL

I refuse to believe that anyone is a fan of Jake Gardiner.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
what D can vancouver target realistically.? say for example. myers/zadaorov/cole gone. hronek either sign or traded. you have 3 holes to fill. hughes/soucy/juulsson

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
what D can vancouver target realistically.? say for example. myers/zadaorov/cole gone. hronek either sign or traded. you have 3 holes to fill. hughes/soucy/juulsson

I’ve only looked at UFAs but it’s a pretty good crop. DeMelo, Walker, Roy, Carrier, Dillon, Tanev, and Pesce all stand out. Then there’s some very intriguing guys like Kylington, Chatfield, and Edmundson.

It’s actually one of the better groups of UDA defenseman in quite some time.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Well for UFA’s, there’s DeMelo, Roy, Pesce, Montour (likely re signs), Tanev, Walker, Skjei (likely re signs), Edmundson, Martinez, Kulikov, Grzelyck, Haakanpa, Chatfield, Dillon, our own Zadorov + Myers, and DeAngelo, Barrie, Klingberg lolz. Bunch of other depth d and shit.

defenseman around the league there’s several. Lindgren is 100% gone this off season with Schneider also being an RFA and KAM + Laffy who they need cap for after the following season, they won’t be able to afford his raise.
Hague is another possible cap causality. vegas could also trade Whitecloud but they signed him to a 6 year contract and they don’t have many RHD. Other possibilities include one of Chabot/Chychrun, Larsson/Borgen depending on how Seattle approaches the draft and if they want to start selling some guys.

other potential targets:
Marcus Pettersson
Maata
Samuelsson
Ekblad
Zub
Emberson
Boqvist
Kesselring
Manson
Faulk
Fehervary
Fowler
Murphy

some higher priced defenseman:
JJ Moser
Power
Dunn
Guhle
Theodore
Byram
Sanheim
Schneider
Parayko
Vlasic

Last edited:
Reactions: vanuck

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I'm expecting Tanev and Myers at team friendly deals. With either Hronek or another big ticket 1RD and Juulsen as depth for the right side.

Need another Soucy-or-better piece on the left side. Maybe that's Zadorov, but don't get the feeling he's Alvin and Tocchet's Plan A.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Because this years UFA for defense is strong, I would consider trading Hronek for a top 6 forward or recoup some good assets for him.

I’m not sold on him at near $7M. His defensive defencies have been apparent for months now. 6 points in his last 25 games and a -4. 2 goals and 19 points in his last 50 games. $7M+ for him? Absolutely not.

Hronek gives me OEL vibes.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I’ve only looked at UFAs but it’s a pretty good crop. DeMelo, Walker, Roy, Carrier, Dillon, Tanev, and Pesce all stand out. Then there’s some very intriguing guys like Kylington, Chatfield, and Edmundson.

It’s actually one of the better groups of UDA defenseman in quite some time.

Skjei as well. Most of those guys are kind of on the older side though and we don't know how many of these names will reach UFA. Like Myers is coming off a long term contract and he's 34. I would imagine a lot of those players would require a contract that takes them to an older age.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Well for UFA’s, there’s DeMelo, Roy, Pesce, Montour (likely re signs), Tanev, Walker, Skjei (likely re signs), Edmundson, Martinez, Kulikov, Grzelyck, Haakanpa, Chatfield, Dillon, our own Zadorov + Myers, and DeAngelo, Barrie, Klingberg lolz. Bunch of other depth d and shit.

defenseman around the league there’s several. Lindgren is 100% gone this off season with Schneider also being an RFA and KAM + Laffy who they need cap for after the following season, they won’t be able to afford his raise.
Hague is another possible cap causality. vegas could also trade Whitecloud but they signed him to a 6 year contract and they don’t have many RHD. Other possibilities include one of Chabot/Chychrun, Larsson/Borgen depending on how Seattle approaches the draft and if they want to start selling some guys.

other potential targets:
Marcus Pettersson
Maata
Samuelsson
Ekblad
Zub
Emberson
Boqvist
Kesselring
Manson
Faulk
Fehervary
Fowler
Murphy

some higher priced defenseman:
JJ Moser
Power
Dunn
Guhle
Theodore
Byram
Sanheim
Schneider
Parayko
Vlasic
I see you

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
if myers takes a significant discount - something like a front ended $2m x 4 year contract ($3.5m, $2.25m, $1.25m, $1m), i'm fine to have him around for the next two years, with the clear understanding that he might not make the team out of camp as early as 2026 (in which case he'd be a good vet for abbotsford, or he can retire and not walk away from much). in either case, since he isn't 35 until next year, we're clear cap wise.

myers is a very good #4/5, and i'd bet he's still a good bottom pairing guy in a couple years. seems to be loved in the room. no issues with keeping him now that the guy who signed him as a top pairing 6x6 is gone and he can be re-allocated to an appropriate role

now if he's asking for a 4x4 (or more), see ya.

Reactions: Hodgy

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Because this years UFA for defense is strong, I would consider trading Hronek for a top 6 forward or recoup some good assets for him.

I’m not sold on him at near $7M. His defensive defencies have been apparent for months now. 6 points in his last 25 games and a -4. 2 goals and 19 points in his last 50 games. $7M+ for him? Absolutely not.

Hronek gives me OEL vibes.
Agree w everything you said...

Id trade him for a young player who is not doing well aka Jiricek

• Haha
Reactions: Szechwan

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Agree w everything you said...

Id trade him for a young player who is not doing well aka Jiricek

And Columbus would never do that trade. They're not in a position to be giving up on a 20 year old but also there's very little chance Hronek signs with them. He's certainly not going to do a sign and trade either.

You can keep bringing up Jiricek but there's no chance it happens.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Jiricek had an issue with Columbus management and now Jarmo is gone so he’s clearly not going anywhere anytime soon.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't think the first thing and second thing are related other than the broadly terrible job Jarmo has done the last several years.
I agree that they aren’t, just saying that Jiricek was clearly unhappy with management/coaching and there’s going to be a new GM/HC next year so I doubt he’s going to demand a trade and that’s the only realistic path I could see to CBJ moving him so soon.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I agree that they aren’t, just saying that Jiricek was clearly unhappy with management/coaching and there’s going to be a new GM/HC next year so I doubt he’s going to demand a trade and that’s the only realistic path I could see to CBJ moving him so soon.

Yeah, they aren't trading Jiricek because it makes no sense to trade a 20 year old right-shot defenceman that is tracking to be a stud. The only way he gets moved is for another comparable prospect or something like the Drysdale + 2nd for Gauthier trade.

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad