Post-Game Talk: Canucks Lose to the Avalanche 3-1 (Miller), Haters can go Cheer for the Oilers

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Other than JT, our most expensive and core players are Charmin soft. Not built for any time of playoff success. CONCERNING.

Our PP is pathetic. Hughes spinning around like a mook just to throw a 40 MPH wrist shot in to a crowd or play hot potato w EP40 while the latter remains stationary. PATHETIC

Lindholm is great on the FO. Shame we lost an exponentially more dynamic player in Kuzmenko. TERRIBLE TRADE.

Built a really fancy team on paper that will and is gonna get absolutely wrecked in the playoffs.

Watching your team lose in the playoffs is bad. Watching your team get slapped around the ice and be unable to make the other team pay via the PP is a different type of pathetic we are about to witness. INCOMING EMBARRASSMENT

Last edited:

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
It was a well played game by the Canucks, where they outchanced the Avs

Boeser can't keep up in high tempo situations, and that's all there is in the play-offs. That's why I'm praying we have a taker for him, which we should given just 1 year left and 35 goal season. Somebody will take a chance.

For the life of me I don't know why the power play doesn't change something up. Lindholm is shoots right so try him in Boeser's spot. Boeser is a statue out there.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Shame. Played well enough to earn at least one point, can only be mad at whatever the coaches told the 1st unit players during the timeout. The loss at Minny stings a lot more now, some games you match up against good teams, play even but the bounces just don't go your way.

Avs kept it classy too, when Z got injured there was no BS from Rantanen even though he had just been hauled down and called over the refs.

Solid debut by Bains, he stays up and he'll bag a few points in no time.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I don't expect anyone wants to hear it, but this subtlety an encouraging game from the Canucks. Competitive game against the Avs despite dealing with altitude and a 3-in-4 back to back. Even strength form was good. Trending in the right direction.

Now, if you were hoping to shut up the trash talk from our haters and trolls, or to deny them ammunition, well this game ain't that, at least on the surface. Have to keep ignoring them for the time being. :)

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
If you don't attack the net with speed and pay the price for second chances, you're just not going to get far.

Guys like Petey and Boeser need to fight through traffic and get inside.

Petey needs to shoot more and be more decisive with his plays. Like you're one of the better shooters in the league - use it!

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Oh yea and if Tocchet played demko in minny like every other coach would and not tried to big brain it, we'd be 1-1

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
It's strange, the coaching staff talked a ton early in the year about having a dynamic PP, where the players were trusted to move around a lot and force the D to switch coverages.

They still move, but it's single swaps, only to go stand in the same spot as the previous guy did. No lanes opening up, easy switches for the D, and all in slow motion.

It's like a couple SHGs completely killed their entire theory. Gotta have some conviction boys.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Surprised at the reaction to these last few games.

Winnipeg was two bad pinches by Juulsen.

Minnesota was a once a decade weirdness.

Tonight was a hard fought game on the second night of the b2bs.

I think this is about as “good” of a three game losing streak as you can have

——

Few consistent takeaways.

1. We need another top four defender. I just can’t do the Myers-Cole second pair thing.

2. We were the better team at ES in three playoff-y type games. Need to stop taking stupid penalties.

3. The powerplay is f***ing awful and I want to pull my hair out every time we show up with the same group and same setup.

——

Bains with a good game for sure. Definitely one that gives you hope for next season if he has a strong summer and works on the skating.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
If you don't attack the net with speed and pay the price for second chances, you're just not going to get far.

Petey needs to shoot more and be more decisive with his plays. Like you're one of the better shooters in the league - use it!

Petey needs to have that killer attacking instinct. I liked when he drove to the net down low on our last powerplay. It created a bunch of chaos. He's gotta do stuff like that more often. Seems like he just wants to pass back to Hughes on most of his powerplay touches.

Reactions: Szechwan

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020

Agreed. Need more urgency and intensity.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020

Petey played well tonight, IMO. Boeser just isn't getting any of the looks he got earlier in the season, and that's concerning.

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Proud of the boys. Hard fought road game. This team is going places in the playoffs mark my words.

The march home stand is exactly what the doctor ordered.
Thank F for people like you man

Moms bday tonight so we watched but wasnt online till the end when she went home. The crap i read is quite frankly disgusting in the GDT.

People get frustrated but THIS TEAM OWES YOU NOTHING!!

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
last year after a 3 game loss: "damn we really suck huh"
this year after a 3 game loss: "they played well and stuff happens"

Hronek really needs to work on his decision making in scoring chance situations. Last game he also had a glorious chance in the same spot as tonight, except he passed it off.... I didn't realize that he would take a full 2 second wind up to clap it. On net bro, your stick flex isn't even that high.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
What's our record against teams currently sitting in a home ice playoff spot?

Furthermore, what's Pettersson's statline in those games?

Feels like we can't seem to get it done against top teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad