Post-Game Talk: Canucks Kick Bruins Ass 3-2 OT (Boeser 2, Hronek), We Are So Back!!!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Best performance of the season given the circumstances.

Were really unlucky to be down 2-0 and had been the better team to that point and it would have been easy for a slumping team low on confidence to fold up shop and think it just wasn't their night against the best defensive team in the NHL. Instead they absolutely dominated the last 30 minutes of the game and deservedly got the win.

JT f***ing Miller was absolutely f***ing fantastic, one of the most character performances I can ever remember in a regular season game from a Canuck. Led us back into this game, assisted on all 3 goals, hit everything that moved. What a f***ing player.

Zadorov played his best game as a Canuck and Myers was also excellent aside from the dumb slashing penalty.

Hughes-Hronek have looked tired but really found their legs late.

PK was excellent, gave Boston nothing.

Boeser wasn't great for most of the night but props for showing up at the end.

Cole looks *tired* and should be game managed down the stretch.

Pettersson showed the most jump he's showed since the ASG in the last 30 minutes of this game.

Demko was rock solid. Nothing really he could do on either goal.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
@Felidae because I would like to discuss further

Re Boeser

What’s his shooting percentage this year vs his career, I do wonder.

I’m sticking to my guns, I don’t like him as a player. If he won his board battles and skated like he has two working legs with more regularity, I’d have all the time in the world for him. But he doesn’t so I don’t.

You don’t get a free pass just because you score goals. Nor should you.
It's 20% this year. Admittedly inflated above his career average which is 13%.

One thing to consider though is this year overall isn't some huge anomaly. In 2020 and 2017, his production was a bit lower (55 points in 62 games, 49 points in 56 games) compared to a PPG atm. And those were during years were the Canucks weren't as offensively talented.

Fair enough to not like other parts of his game, but he's still the 2nd best goalscorer on the team and not so easily replaceable.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Was just gonna say that. Guy has alot of hidden offensive potential. Wouldn't mind trying him in front of the net on the PP.

I don’t know if I have blinders on but I love Zadorov. I think his untapped potential is slight, but I do see the same thing. I’d love to re-sign him as soon as we finish Blueger.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Team was pretty moribund for most of the first 40 minutes and was lucky to not be in a deeper hole because the Bruins weren't played great themselves. But then really stepped on the pedal in the 3rd period and earned the comeback. Good to see Boeser work himself into the right places after making soft plays earlier in the game and get rewarded in spades for it, the stars needed to step up and they did.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
If you were asked to come up with the ideal way for a team to snap a 4 game-losing streak, this game would have to be it. Just a completely dominant 3rd-period performance, and they were carrying play from the start of the 2nd period, but just couldn't solve Swayman. It looked like a completely different team than the one we saw on Thursday night in Seattle, and it was relieving to see them play their dominant, puck-possession style of play after a slew of subpar games where some were starting to question whether the wheels were starting to come off.

Should give the locker room a massive boost of confidence, and hopefully a sign of good things to come for the team as they approach the final stretch of the season.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Best performance of the season given the circumstances.

Were really unlucky to be down 2-0 and had been the better team to that point and it would have been easy for a slumping team low on confidence to fold up shop and think it just wasn't their night against the best defensive team in the NHL. Instead they absolutely dominated the last 30 minutes of the game and deservedly got the win.

JT f***ing Miller was absolutely f***ing fantastic, one of the most character performances I can ever remember in a regular season game from a Canuck. Led us back into this game, assisted on all 3 goals, hit everything that moved. What a f***ing player.

Zadorov played his best game as a Canuck and Myers was also excellent aside from the dumb slashing penalty.

Hughes-Hronek have looked tired but really found their legs late.

PK was excellent, gave Boston nothing.

Boeser wasn't great for most of the night but props for showing up at the end.

Cole looks *tired* and should be game managed down the stretch.

Pettersson showed the most jump he's showed since the ASG in the last 30 minutes of this game.

Demko was rock solid. Nothing really he could do on either goal.

We kick the asses of every team we play 5 on 5. The problem is our special teams suck.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2