Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Jets Tuesday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Have to win at home again eventually. I'm going to the game tomorrow, I'd rather not leave 2/3 of the way through the third period like I did at the Leafs game a couple weeks ago...

Reactions: Jets 31

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
a266o6d4A2kUzuLah6rZrj-650-80.jpg

The anticipation...

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Copp and Lowry bring out the best in each other. I don't understand making them both worse in order to make the second line worse.
I think Copp makes the 2nd line better. I am more worried about the Lowry-line without Copp. Also, I don't think Perreault or Roslovic belongs on a checking line. I'd swap either for Appleton.

Reactions: jefferoni

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I don't get the Copp/Lowry divorce, but whatever.

I think Borque needs to make way, either for Harkins or another call-up (Chibbers, maybe?). He has been brutal for most of the year, though I'd rather he makes the 4th line worse rather than the 3rd, I guess.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Copp + Lowry are better together, but their best this year is still "at least we didn't get scored on". I'm all for the split, but I'd divide them among the bottom two lines.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yes because Copp will drag the 2nd line down the same way Roslovic was... :help:

Copp makes Lowry better. Not the other way around.

He likely will, given what we saw the past few games he was used on that line. More than anything the Wheeler at C experiment should be over. Worked for a bit but it's hit a solid brick wall. Same as the last time he was used there.

And no, they work well together. It's a mutually beneficial partnership.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
He likely will, given what we saw the past few games he was used on that line. More than anything the Wheeler at C experiment should be over. Worked for a bit but it's hit a solid brick wall. Same as the last time he was used there.

And no, they work well together. It's a mutually beneficial partnership.

So you think Copp is a defensive liability then because that’s what Roslovic has been lately and there’s been no offense? I’m There’s a reason that switch was made the other day and Roslovic’s play picked up significantly while allowing the 2nd line to not constantly get hemmed in.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
So you think Copp is a defensive liability then because that’s what Roslovic has been lately and there’s been no offense? I’m There’s a reason that switch was made the other day and Roslovic’s play picked up significantly while allowing the 2nd line to not constantly get hemmed in.

You're overstating how often they got hemmed in and maybe if players were playing their natural positions they'd be better at breaking out of the zone?
But yeah, let's trade our ability to maintain any pressure in the offensive zone to be a little better in our own end.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You're overstating how often they got hemmed in and maybe if players were playing their natural positions they'd be better at breaking out of the zone?
But yeah, let's trade our ability to maintain any pressure in the offensive zone to be a little better in our own end.

How has Roslovic contributed to zone time lately? He’s hardly noticeable. It’s mostly Ehlers carrying that line lately.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Roslovic: GP: 46 G: 7 A: 10 P: 17
Copp: GP: 38 G: 7 A: 9 P: 16

It's a shame Roslovic isn't getting enough production despite planning a good chunk of the season in the Top 6.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Duke749

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
they should give appleton a chance with ehlers and wheeler and put frenchie to the fourth line

Reactions: Ggg99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad