Rumor: Canucks getting alot of calls for the 9th overall pick

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I’d definitely take that bet, too.

I wouldn’t be mad if the Blackhawks moved up a few spots to take one if they’re still on the board when that 9th overall pick rolls around.

Reversely, this is also a great year to trade down as there are so many unknowns from lack of scuting.

if i were Canucks id definitely look into shopping the 9th and moving out of the top 10 and possibly gaining an extra 2nd or late 1st.

However Benning has said he will only move the 9th OA for a young player that can be part of the bright core of Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Miller, Hoglander, Podkolzin.

I dont think Canucks are interested in trading 9th oa for extra picks.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
It does create an opportunity if Benning can move a few spots lower and (for example) targets a defenseman like Lambos and picks up a 2nd rounder in the process.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Reversely, this is also a great year to trade down as there are so many unknowns from lack of scuting.

if i were Canucks id definitely look into shopping the 9th and moving out of the top 10 and possibly gaining an extra 2nd or late 1st.

However Benning has said he will only move the 9th OA for a young player that can be part of the bright core of Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Miller, Hoglander, Podkolzin.

I dont think Canucks are interested in trading 9th oa for extra picks.
Never know. But like you said, if you feel you can drop just a few spots, get your guy, and pick up some additional draft capital, it’s not the worst move in the world.

Reactions: 48MPHSlapShot

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I’d definitely take that bet, too.

I wouldn’t be mad if the Blackhawks moved up a few spots to take one if they’re still on the board when that 9th overall pick rolls around.

What about
9OA +

for
11OA
Zadarov

How big would the + need to be?

I could see both Ottawa and Chicago taking the two stud goalies, so we wouldn't necessarily lose out on our guy Chicago jumps Ottawa to get their choice.

Reactions: Crow

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
9th for Reinhart would be terrible for the Canucks. He is not worth that pick and the premise of trading a cost controlled asset for someone looking for 6m is flawed.

In case you guys didn’t know, Canucks are already in cap hell.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
What about
9OA +

for
11OA
Zadarov

I could see both Ottawa and Chicago taking the two stud goalies, so we wouldn't necessarily lose out on our guy Chicago jumps Ottawa to get their choice.

I honestly don’t think Vancouver would have to add. Personally, I don’t think Zadorov is enough to move up two spots for the Hawks.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
What about
9OA +

for
11OA
Zadarov

Canucks have no need for an LHD.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
A few weeks ago he actually did say he’s getting offers for the 9th pick. Rumour is legit. It was an a follow up interview with the sedins hiring which lead to questions about the draft and the 9th pick.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I could see Buffalo making play here. Depending on what they do with Eichel they could end up with the 1st, 3rd (hypothetically) and 9th. They could get their next gen d-man, forward, and goalie in one fell swoop!

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I honestly don’t think Vancouver would have to add. Personally, I don’t think Zadorov is enough to move up two spots for the Hawks.
Man, he really struggled last year with you guys eh? I watched him a bunch when he was with Colorado and always like his game.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
What about
9OA +

for
11OA
Zadarov

This would be a great trade for the Canucks, but I’m not adding anything. It would be a take it or leave it deal.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
If you’re Vancouver and both goalies are still there at 9, and you’re not taking one, it would make sense to pick up and asset and drop a couple spots. Unless Kent Johnson is your guy and he’s still there.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Any way in hell (lame ass pun intended ) that the Devils have anything that could wrestle away the pick?
Young player(s) plus a Islanders 1st this year plus ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad