Rumor: Canucks getting alot of calls for the 9th overall pick

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Benning did a Q and A with local media. regarding the 9th overall pick. He says there's been a lot of interests from other teams and he has gotten calls for this top 10 pick more than any other years he has had a top 10 pick.

When asked what it would it take for Canucks to trade 9th overall Benning replied it has to be a young player that can be part of the core moving forward.

would your team be interested? what would be an offer? Maybe there are teams that want a chance to draft a franchise goalie in Wallstadt?

Jim Benning on what he is prioritizing, Canucks defense and freeing up cap space - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Wouldn't be surprised if Benning flips it for immediate help.

The team needs to improve for him to save his job.

I wouldn't be totally against it assuming the returning player is legit (not a project) and fits with the core age wise.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’ve said it ever since the draft lottery: I think it’s 50/50 whether we make that pick at 9th overall or not.

You’re fooling yourself if you think Jimbo wouldn’t trade it for a young RHD who can step in and play right away. His job is on the line. He must make the playoffs or he’s gone and making the pick at 9 won’t help him do that.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think teams are lining up for Cossa over Wall.

good chance that both will be available at 9th. for sure 1 will be.

If a team really values either of them and pegs them as a franchise goalie then i can see the Canucks getting an offer they just cant refuse

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
Bertuzzi
Stecher

For

9th
Eriksson

EDIT: Or Namestnikov, if Vancouver wants a 3rd line center.

Bertuzzi and Namestnikov for the 9th and Eriksson actually isnt bad. Would be nice if Detroit could take a 2nd cap dump in one of Roussel or Beagle as well.

Miller Pete Boeser
Bertuzzi Horvat Hoglander
Pearson Name Pod
Motte Dickinson Mac

Not a bad forward group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad