Speculation: Canucks Fire Sale

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hansen is absoloute garbage. Consistent healthy scratch in SJ this year.

And Vanek is a.much better player than what Burrows was last year before we traded him.

Gagner, yep trash. Might get a 4th.

Dmen like Guddy always has a decent return at deadline. Playoff teams alwaya trade for dmen.

Hansen was the best Canucks forward when he was here, obviously he's not working in SJ and that's unfortunate for them because he's a good player. I have no interest discussing the other players because they have little value.

Reactions: Jack Burton

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Doesn't make sense to trade the bolded - their age fits into our rebuild, and if we trade a player like Tanev or Markstrom then we'll just have another hole to fill.

Realistically the Canucks arent going to compete for another 2-3 yrs. Tanev can very well be broke down by then.

And Demko can eaaily replace Markstrom in that time frame.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Realistically the Canucks arent going to compete for another 2-3 yrs. Tanev can very well be broke down by then.

Demko hasn't even played an NHL game and will need a starter to help ease him into the league.
Tanev will still be an effective dman in 2-3 years. Maybe not quite as good, but still a good top 4 dman. We should trade him eventually, but we're also in no rush to do so.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Demko hasn't even played an NHL game and will need a starter to help ease him into the league.
Tanev will still be an effective dman in 2-3 years. Maybe not quite as good, but still a good top 4 dman. We should trade him eventually, but we're also in no rush to do so.

You just defended my position for me.

Tanev may never be as good/healthy/valued as he is right now !!

Why would we wait 2-3 yrs to trade him when his value dips ??

Like i said him being on the team in the next 2-3 years isnt.going to make us cup contenders.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Ya.. let’s trust the idiot GM who has the Canucks as a cap team and being one of the worst GMs in league history to make trades to improve the chances for the future.

Despite the GM almost always bleeding picks and rarely trading for futures.

And giving out a 3 yr deal for Gagner and a 6yr deal for Eriksson.

Great idea lol

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Ya.. let’s trust the idiot GM who has the Canucks as a cap team and being one of the worst GMs in league history to make trades to improve the chances for the future.

Despite the GM almost always bleeding picks and rarely trading for futures.

And giving out a 3 yr deal for Gagner and a 6yr deal for Eriksson.

Great idea lol

Incoming extension !

Burrows for Dahlen
Hansen for Goldy
Pedan 4th for Pouliot.

The losses suck but General Benning is salavating with the thought of high end picks in his arsenal !

Reactions: WHISTLERNATE

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

So we both agree that Tanev should be traded..

I think it should be now ..and you think it should be "eventually".... can we just guestimate that to 3-5 yrs?

See i dont get.your POV. You want to trade Tanev when we should actually be just fitting in thr window of competing. Why would you.move him then ??

My other queation is why do we need him in the next 3-5 yrs if were not competiting ? To mentor other dmen ? With tanevs health history that is a huge gamble.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hey @DownGoesMcDavid. Tanev is the type of player you 'insulate your young guys' with. You want to trade him?

Your Dear Leader thought that over the hill scrubs like Gagner, Vanek and Del Zotto that can't play a lick of competent defense would be enough to achieve this, AND also push for a playoff spot.

His only good value trades to date have been Burrows for Dahlen and a 2nd round pick for Bieksa (which he pissed away in the terrible Sutter deal)... Not to mention he missed two obvious, slam dunk top 6 picks when it was KEY we hit on them.

Add to the fact he's been throwing away futures and overpaying veterans on long term deals to try to make the playoffs with this trash.

Absolutely NO confidence in our clown show front office to make any trades. (Or basic, level headed decisions for that matter)

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Why is Baertshchi available? dudes a natural with Horvat.
Because Bo is the only player he can play with. Eventually he will be replaced and slide down the line up where he will become ineffective.

Canucks would be very wise to ditch him now for a asset instead of paying him and signing up for another 4-6 years

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

He'll still be 29-30 by then. You can't just build around offense like the Oilers.... We need at least 1 or 2 defensemen that can provide stability and be a mentor to the new guys coming in. But I do agree if the price is right you gotta make the trade while the value its' at its highest.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Is there no takers on Vanek? Still can pot a few goals now and then, former first round pick, still can skate...Do I hear a 3rd round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad