Edler
Hutton
Some interest
Gudbranson
Baertschi
Vanek
Markstrom
Nilsson

Minimal A.K.A Dirt Cheap/What are you giving ME for that player ?

Gagner
Eriksson
Sutter
Burmistrov
Granlund

I am surprised you have Edler where you do, I would think his contract and NTC or NMC would limit his interest

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
So we both agree that Tanev should be traded..

I think it should be now ..and you think it should be "eventually".... can we just guestimate that to 3-5 yrs?

See i dont get.your POV. You want to trade Tanev when we should actually be just fitting in thr window of competing. Why would you.move him then ??

My other queation is why do we need him in the next 3-5 yrs if were not competiting ? To mentor other dmen ? With tanevs health history that is a huge gamble.

The moment we trade Tanev, we begin looking for his replacement.

I'm of the opinion that, at the very least, this team could be a playoff team in the next 2-3 seasons, with Tanev being a big part of it. I also don't think we should be actively tanking for the next 3 seasons (maybe one or two more high picks) - which trading Tanev would accomplish.

Reactions: travis scott

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think the Nucks most hot player is currently in Sweden from the 2017 draft, but he is off table. :)
Tanev will get a good haul back, but not sure yet if their GM want to move him.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I don't think it would be wise to do a full on fire sale for Vancouver. Trim the fat a little bit and trade away guys on expiring contracts. They've got some good young players keeping a few vets around and slowly bringing in the rookies when they are ready.

Tradeable:

Gudbranson (~3rd), Vanek (~2nd), Edler (~1st+), Nilsson (~3rd).

Trading these four give them four open roster spaces and four additional top 100 picks.

The Sedin's likely want to stay and re-sign another contract might be a good plan for Vancouver they've had decent years.

Keep Tanev unless there's a huge overpayment. He's to vital to this team and the rest of the defence core would crumble. They are still bad enough for a top five pick, maybe this year they can luck into a top 3.

2018/19:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen
Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson
Goldobin - Dowd - XXX

Hutton - Tanev
Del Zotto - Stecher
Juolevi - Pouliot

Markstrom
Demko

It's a not great, but respectable line up. Selling off every good player and rushing the young guys would kill there confidence. Getting a couple top picks will help them win, but it's still a team sport need the rest of the team to help out.

Reactions: Ori

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Must trade:

Vanek
Gudbranson

Should probably trade:

Granlund (Probably has higher value than his play indicates. Cheap)
Sutter (Contract borders on untradable)
Nilsson (lots of demand right now)
Goldobin (If not getting a chance)

Probably a bad idea

Markstrom
Hutton
Tanev
Tryamkin (rights to)

Untradeable

Edler (NMC)
Sedins (NMC)
Eriksson (contract)
Gagner (contract)
Del Zotto (contract)

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I am surprised you have Edler where you do, I would think his contract and NTC or NMC would limit his interest

He's been mentioned as one of those players loved around the league by other teams. He has no desire to waive or that was what was last reported, but if he became available he'd be one our better assets.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't think it would be wise to do a full on fire sale for Vancouver. Trim the fat a little bit and trade away guys on expiring contracts. They've got some good young players keeping a few vets around and slowly bringing in the rookies when they are ready.

Tradeable:

Gudbranson (~3rd), Vanek (~2nd), Edler (~1st+), Nilsson (~3rd).

Trading these four give them four open roster spaces and four additional top 100 picks.

The Sedin's likely want to stay and re-sign another contract might be a good plan for Vancouver they've had decent years.

Keep Tanev unless there's a huge overpayment. He's to vital to this team and the rest of the defence core would crumble. They are still bad enough for a top five pick, maybe this year they can luck into a top 3.

2018/19:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen
Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson
Goldobin - Dowd - XXX

Hutton - Tanev
Del Zotto - Stecher
Juolevi - Pouliot

Markstrom
Demko

It's a not great, but respectable line up. Selling off every good player and rushing the young guys would kill there confidence. Getting a couple top picks will help them win, but it's still a team sport need the rest of the team to help out.

I agree with the majority of your post.
Petterson should be penciled in as our #2 centre with Hank as #3 though.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Just a question, why would 24 year old Hutton be available? I thought he'd be a guy the Nucks would hold on to.
Because several Canuck fans feel as though Pouliot replaces him... It's laughable. He's been incredibly unlucky this year in terms of offense but he's easily been the 2nd or 3rd best defensemen this year. He definitely has room for improvement and it just baffles me that there are fans who value Pouliot, Del Zotto, and Erik f***ing Gudbranson more than him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Because several Canuck fans feel as though Pouliot replaces him... It's laughable. He's been incredibly unlucky this year in terms of offense but he's easily been the 2nd or 3rd best defensemen this year. He definitely has room for improvement and it just baffles me that there are fans who value Pouliot, Del Zotto, and Erik ****ing Gudbranson more than him.
Well, if they value Guds higher, i would happily take Hutton.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Thread will be updated with the best offer for each player.

Canucks are looking for Hansen/Burrows type trades

Available

Tanev
Edler (nmc) - best offer ( pavel zacha)
Hutton
Gudbranson

Loui Eriksson
Baertshchi
Vanek
Sutter
Gagner
Granlund
Burmistrov

Markstrom
Nilsson

* returns must be No rentals , and no player over the age of 25
Edler only has a NTC not NMC. Eriksson has a NMC so he's here for a couple more years atlesat and Gagne at 3 mill/2 left, no one will touch him lets be honest. Burmistrov was basically waiver fodder and dozens of guys with his ability can just be picked up via waivers. Sutter still has NTC also.

Honestly if we got a 2nd for Guddy, able to find a decent player for Hutton or Baertshchi I would ship them out. Vanek might fetch us a 2nd also. Tanev is just so injury prone I have a hard time anyone offering much for him, hell of a player but is used as a workhorse for the Canucks every game. Granlund could get a 2nd possibly. Goalies are a wash, every decent team already has goaltenders.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Who cares, still guarantees us a top pick, and possible firing of Benning, which is a bigger win than Dahlin.
I don't want to see Benning fired, I would rather see him put in more of a drafting/scouting/assistant GM type job rather than head GM with some of these contracts he signs guys too but his drafting outside of the 1st round has actually given the Canucks a future finally.

Reactions: nucks88

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I think the fear that many Canuck fans have here is a similar debacle like the Oilers. If we trade Tanev as many poster have mentioned it will move guys that have no business taking a top 3 role. Lets face reality here, the only top 4 defencemen we have in this team is Tanev and Edler. The others are 5th/6th/7th defencemen AT Best in any other team.

Our blue line is quite brutal. I would hate us to sacrafice defense for offense... we may have more offensive weapons but what's the point when we lose games 6-3 like the Oilers did in the past.

Trim the fat but just enough so you don't get a heart attack. Trading Tanev would not be in the best interest of the team IMO. With that said, if the right deal came along (like the Hall trade) then I think the Canucks should look into it.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We need Tanev, rebuilding or not.

Horvat and Boeser too, as no one will offer what they mean to our team or future.

Everyone else is questionable at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad