Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kings - 2-1 (OT) (Pettersson, Miller) | Crowned!

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
quietly we have moved into 8th place in the league in 5v5 xgf%
I mean, they've been an elite 5v5 team since basically the first quarter of the season. Last 25 games they're running like 57%.

They had a very professional victory against a team that tries to turn the game into a slog. They had some stretches where they created more chances than of late. A little fortunate when the Kings basically missed two incredible chances and hit a post, but the bounces go both ways. Just gotta keep up this level.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
I loved Petterssons game last night. It looks like the contract was a big weight on his shoulders, he looks so much more confident with the puck.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I honestly think that over this "rough spell" they've actually played some of their best hockey.
Before they were getting lucky with their 5v5 scoring (yes I'm talking about PDO). But now they are actually controlling the shots/shot attempts/unblocked shot attempts. Which to me is a good sign going into the playoffs.

I'm much more confident in how the team plays now in the playoffs compared to the team in the first half of the season where they just couldn't stop winning.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I honestly think that over this "rough spell" they've actually played some of their best hockey.
Before they were getting lucky with their 5v5 scoring (yes I'm talking about PDO). But now they are actually controlling the shots/shot attempts/unblocked shot attempts. Which to me is a good sign going into the playoffs.

I'm much more confident in how the team plays now in the playoffs compared to the team in the first half of the season where they just couldn't stop winning.

Yeah
In their past 12 games, they have have held their XgA 5v5 under 2 in 11 of those games.

So some nice low event hockey against

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Just rewatched the OT and Petey 100% grabs Fialas jersey as he enters our zone to slow him down for a sec. So he went and grabbed Hroneks jersey but held on way too long and took the penalty. Petey won us that game in so many ways xD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad