Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets | 5-0 (Miller, Hoglander, Pettersson, Di Giuseppe, Suter) | Shot Down in Flames

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Long overdue to say this: Hughes is like the Sedins in how he changes the complexion of the game for the Canucks, by being insanely good at hockey.

He’s really done an excellent job of improving his deficiencies and “hacking” the game to the Canucks advantage- even when not scoring. He has the puck so often and knows where it needs to go next, he stays unpredictable, he gets his shots thru, and he’s f***ing smart.

You’ll notice at one point tonight he drove an extended zone possession shift, and he intercepted a puck and immediately turned it back and got an offensive zone draw for the next guy, and we have some great faceoff takers. It’s bumping our possession numbers up. Its phenomenal the impact he has on a game.

I even then, I haven’t seen anyone do it as dynamically, diversely as Hughes. He single-handedly turns the tide around. He is playing generational hockey right now. Seriously.
well said

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
There is absolutely no way that Allvin has no update on Demko 2 hours later and the fact he’s avoiding the question like this is not good news.
Yeah, its tough to be optimistic right now.

Reminds me of when Cloutier went down and Auld replaced him.

Obviously not even remotely the same calibre of goalies, but it pretty much stuck a fork in our season

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sounds like thats season for Demko :(

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
There is absolutely no way that Allvin has no update on Demko 2 hours later and the fact he’s avoiding the question like this is not good news.
"ice it and see how it feels tomorrow" is pretty standard protocol with groin tweak stuff. the overnight inflammation will go some way to tell you how bad it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad