Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Ducks - 3-2 (Joshua x2, Boeser) | 100 Points! Unpucker!

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
What do you guys think would be the most realistic expectations in playoffs this year?

I'm thinking round 2 getting to maybe game 6?
I personally have no expectations. LA is the only team I'd be surprised to see represent the West in the cup finals, everyone else looks like they have a legit shot at getting there.

It's gonna come down to hottest goalies, so I could easily see Van going out in rnd 1 to a Vegas/Nashville or getting hot and doing some damage

Reactions: ChilliBilly

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
A wins a win but what really worries me is the PP. It bloody stinks lately they better figure it out soon. Dakota is really someone we need to bring back love this kid.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
What do you guys think would be the most realistic expectations in playoffs this year?

Depends who we face.

Vegas is getting hot. Would be a very tough out and would be pleased if we could win 2 games. You really hope we maintain 1st and just let Edmonton face them.

LA is another tough opponent and would be a boring series but I think a healthy Demko could give us the edge.

Jets or Preds are absolutely beatable.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser

Joshua - Miller- Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lindholm

Podkolzin - Blueger - Lafferty

Maybe roll with that when we're healthy?

Id go with

Joshua - Miller - Garland
Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty
Suter - Bleuger - Podkolzin

Im hoping that 3rd line can be used as a shutdown line

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Petey looks terrible - have not seen anyone as disinterested and disengaged as he is.

Have to wonder if its some nagging injury
has to be an injury he keeps falling. dakota joshua is good. give him what he wants 3x5 or 6. this game was boring af. ducks are the worst team besides chicago and they still couldnt score more than 2 goals against them. tocchett needs to figure out the line combos with 9 games left or else this tteam is in real trouble. why not rotate friedman/cole in. or maybe myers lol.

With the way Pettersson is playing, we won't make it out of round 1.
preds/jets/vgk l.a in that order.

Joshua - Miller- Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lindholm

Podkolzin - Blueger - Lafferty

Maybe roll with that when we're healthy?
imagine had van gotten another top 6 forward.. example: toffoli/gunzetal lots of options. lotto line. toffoli/lindholm/garland.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
That was a stressful game.

My fantasy hockey season was hanging on us winning as my playoff opponent picked up Dostál to try to steal the week from me.

Also I accidently put a bet on Joshua scoring the last goal of the game when I intended to just put a bet on him scoring a goal.

Im worried about our form going in to the playoffs. We will get a fresh Demko who hopefully can just pick up right where he left off but he might also be way off rhythm with such a long layoff.

Our top guys have all cooled down significantly. I dont think EP played as poor of a game as people here thought. He does turns over the puck ALOT on PP. Someone pointed this out earlier and was paying attention to it and its certainly true. Miller was unnoticeable most of the game, won a bunch of faceoffs was good early in the first.

Its weird. We are very high in the standings but our form is so off right now that it does not feel like the season has been an absolute homerun success already that it obviously has.

Reactions: Grantham and quat

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Was waiting* for this post.

Was not disappointed.

*yes, with bated** breath

**it's not baited breath, you maroons, I don't have dead fish breath, in fact my breath is . . . well, like me it's . . . well, you know . . . the point is it's bated, not baited, and you are all maroons; bate means to restrain, like an abatement, i'm like holding my breath waiting for sopel3rd's autoresponse, I could be dead now from asphyxiation and none of you even care
This was a very non-toxic reaction. It invited understanding and was seeking a common communication platform for both sides to understand the language needed achieve a unified comfort level with what the other party was trying to convey. Bravo.

Please do your best to not be dead from asphyxiation until a more appropriate time.

Kindest regards,

WryNGinger

Reactions: I am toxic

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
My concern regarding the roster going into next season (so far) is twofold.

Joshua needed a slap by Tocchet in training camp. It's a contract year. I have doubts trusting a player with no performance history in a contract year.

Pettersson doesn't have trade control next year. I am not going to fret about how he closes out this season but I am as sure as shit (after coffee and eggs) going to judge how he performs after game one of the playoff begins.

Reactions: alternate

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Sounds right. The one ace we have up our sleeves is Demko. If he is healthy and plays well we could go on a decent run. Not many teams in the West have a goalie of that caliber. Maybe Winnipeg and Nashville?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1711955902894.gif

joshuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
That would be realistic.

But with how much chips we've pushed in for this year, is it enough..?

It's why some of us were very heavily against any deadline acquisitions. The west is so insanely loaded with the Stars/Avs/Knights/Oilers/Jets all being teams that at best, we'd be a coin toss to win a series against any of them. I would not be upset with the boys if they lost to any of those teams

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's why some of us were very heavily against any deadline acquisitions. The west is so insanely loaded with the Stars/Avs/Knights/Oilers/Jets all being teams that at best, we'd be a coin toss to win a series against any of them. I would not be upset with the boys if they lost to any of those teams
But there is also the fact that our cap situation is not getting easier.

AND the biggest chip of them all is the OEL buyout that already happened before the season started.

Reactions: David71

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I do not understand why so many ride Joshua. He is a 3rd/4th liner anything beyond that is bonus.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Anyone in particular stand out from Anaheim?
Totally spinning their wheels. At the start of the season, Trevor Zegras and Jamie Drysdale were coming stars.....but one is gone and other is rumored to be gone without a new contract.

Leo Carlsson is a high pick and a promising young player.....but I'm amazed that John Gibson and Cam Fowler are still with this struggling franchise. Couldn't deal them, I guess.

But they've got a bunch of picks coming up in the next couple of drafts, so hope springs eternal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad