Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I think lindholm wants out and doesn't wanna be here. Just a gut feeling the way is playing is sad city.
He specifically asked to come here and is surrounded by Swedes on a cup contender in a city most Swedes love because it reminds them of home.
He's had 3 practices pretty much since being traded here and has played with 6 different players.
People who are freaking out need to relax. He's looked much more comfortable the last 2 days, he'll be fine

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
You look at how well run organizations like Vegas, Tampa, Florida, Dallas, etc., make moves then you see Vancouver indecisive with buyers remorse and trying to unto a big move. It’s so sad… I guess the Oilers are the real Canadian hope even with questionable goaltending. Sorry to say Canuck and Leaf fans…

the oilers are a dumpster fire with perry and kane

Reactions: lawrence

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
You look at how well run organizations like Vegas, Tampa, Florida, Dallas, etc., make moves then you see Vancouver indecisive with buyers remorse and trying to unto a big move. It’s so sad… I guess the Oilers are the real Canadian hope even with questionable goaltending. Sorry to say Canuck and Leaf fans…

I mean, you see indecisiveness, I see a flexibility with trades and the strategic situation and always looking to improve. A breath of fresh air over the last regime.

Id be happy if we stand pat with Lindholm honestly.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yes, that's what Carolina is going for. Sustained success. They're not trying to win cups, they're trying to stay consistently good.

They're cheap with prospects and picks. They don't spend assets on rentals at all, where they only go after cost controlled young players, but also aren't willing to out-bid other teams for those young players. They're always in on these top young players because they have a plethora of assets, but they never trade for any of them because they're stingy with those assets and aren't willing to out-bid other teams. They're the Tampa Bay Rays of the NHL.

It's a fantastic way to build a long-term successful franchise. It's not a great way to take a successful franchise into a top franchise. If you will never make the jump to push your team from "good" to "great", you'll never end up "great".

That discipline has led them to getting swept over and over though.

Eventually you’ve gotta make a big move

Boston went all in last year trading multiple 1sts, all those players are now gone, where are the cups?

Florida went all in the year before trading multiple 1sts and a top prospects, all those players are gone, where are the cups?

I could go on.

The reality is that trade deadline additions only marginally improve your cup chances, usually by 1-2% at best. Better imo to be like Carolina an be a consistent 9-10% cup odds team every year over the period of over a decade to 15 years as opposed to boosting your odds from 9 to 11% for a cup run and then having nothing to show for it and dropping to 5-6% odds for the next 5 years and worse eventually missing the playoffs.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Do you really believe every rumour that circles the bowl ?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Boston went all in last year trading multiple 1sts, all those players are now gone, where are the cups?

Florida went all in the year before trading multiple 1sts and a top prospects, all those players are gone, where are the cups?

I could go on.

The reality is that trade deadline additions only marginally improve your cup chances, usually by 1-2% at best. Better imo to be like Carolina an be a consistent 9-10% cup odds team every year over the period of over a decade to 15 years as opposed to boosting your odds from 9 to 11% for a cup run and then having nothing to show for it and dropping to 5-6% odds for the next 5 years and worse eventually missing the playoffs.
And Tampa went to THREE SCF, winning two, by going all in with like all of their picks

Reactions: The don godfather

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He specifically asked to come here and is surrounded by Swedes on a cup contender in a city most Swedes love because it reminds them of home.
He's had 3 practices pretty much since being traded here and has played with 6 different players.
People who are freaking out need to relax. He's looked much more comfortable the last 2 days, he'll be fine
With all the Lindholm bashing going on I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the better Canucks this post season.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

3a7.jpg

That hurts the value of this thread.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It surely can't be good for Lindholm's morale that the team that acquired him is openly shopping him. Wonder how he feels about all this if he is with Vancouver post deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad