Sportsnet: Canucks arent interested in paying JT Miller more than 8mil per season. Trade is Looking more likely than extension this summer

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
Not sure about the other teams, but from the Rangers' perspective, I'm fairly skeptical about their interest at pursing Miller at this point. It's true that they were interested prior to the deadline but from all reports, they never really made a serious offer. I think the interest that Drury showed for Miller was just him doing his due diligence to inquire about him and beat writers then romanticized and sensationalized the narrative.

The Rangers did what they should've done this past TDL, which was to plug holes with more cost-appropriate players. They really need a 2C, not a 1C that will be an exorbitant amount as a luxury. They don't need to go overkill with Miller, they need to sort their own business at this point with either Copp, Strome or pursue a younger 2C that's more cost appropriate.

Miller is a star player now but I don't see how he really fits the NYR's timeline and or cap situation. He'd be total overkill for them. A luxury they can't afford. Drury this past TDL signaled a prelude to the more prudent thinking for them. And no, the Rangers won't trade for Miller only to rent him for one year. If they traded for him, it would entirely be for the sake of resigning him, but realistically, they can't afford that. Drury moved on.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Vancouver would likely be better next year than this year, so Miller would be smart to bet on himself again. He'd also be smart to be okay with waiting for free agency. There's a nice crop of non-playoff teams hungry to jump back into it. There will probably be money for Miller in a couple years too. I know this summer will be bonkers for that.

If Van doesn’t re-sign him in the offseason than Miller should absolutely be traded before training camp, hopefully at or before the draft. Miller is worth 8 million, it’s really just term that could be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad