Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Oilers 0: ROYROYROYROYROYROYROYROY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
- If Roy can keep this up, watch out. Also if he can, get this guy signed.
- Higgins has some real chemistry with Roy.
- Kass looked good. Rewarded with a goal at the end.
- Sedin's goal was so nice.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
It's so cute the Edmonton boards thinks the refs helped us. :laugh:

They must be joking, smith got away with a huge hook on tanev alone in front of the net, hauled him down, ref looking right at, no call, and im pretty sure amount of PP's were not much different.

And were the whiny fan base?

Wizeman*

Roy is a good fit. I cant wait until Kesler and Raymond comes back. We will be a force to be reckoned with.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Those two days off sure did help our boys out.

Huge effort by Roy. Shneids was great when called upon. Solid, complete effort from the D. Strong, good skating effort by the forwards. Lappy finally picking up his game, and good to see Kass pick it up again.

Great all-around effort.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Did someone say Kassian gif?

iguWY1SUXrYwG.gif

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Great game! One of those games where the veteran team puts the young team back in their place.

Roy looks fantastic, instantly makes this teem deeper and more offensively dangerous. Garrison is just a beast, the guy manhandled those small Oiler forwards, also thought Bieksa had a very solid game too. Can't wait to see this team once Raymond and Kesler are back!

Kassian really seems to love playing the Oilers, I would love to see the same from him against better and bigger teams. Jensen needs some time in the AHL.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Roy doesn't play like hes 5'8-5'9. You can't even tell hes that short. I hope Schroeder can learn to play like that.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
That was a solid performance against a hot team. The Oilers looked frustrated and were smothered for most of the night.

Schneider was great when needed. He seems like a goalie that doesn't loose his focus when there are stretches where he doesn't get many shots.

Roy, what a great debut. His poise with the puck and play making is something our team was lacking outside the Sedins. He creates some interesting possible line combos.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
nice to see what a lil new blood can do for ya. oh and kassian for PRIME MINISTER. Schniender for PRESIDENT. bet we could get a real free trade deal going then.

John Bender*

Great game on a number of levels. The overall Oiler chances were minimal. I thought the team played well defensively overall and capitalized on scoring chances for a change. Nice to see.
Schneider did not have to be great, but was good enough - one of his easier shutouts I would think.

Roy looked good - good offensive instincts.

Higgins looked energized - maybe because of his contract or playing with Roy?

The Twins were good - dangerous.

Bieksa was shockingly very good in both ends.

Jensen looked lost, overwhealmed.

Sesito - he was ok, but that 4th line with Pinnizotto is not bringing enough still. The team desparately needs a couple of guys that will go out and pound the opposition on the 4th line. Sestito just does not have enough speed. Pinizzotto is not doing it consistently enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad