Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 Flames 2 (Hoglander, Hoglander, Miller, Lindholm)

Do you love this team?

• Total voters

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Flew home from Mexico today with a layover in Calgary. -9 and snowing. Happy for Calgary fans that at least they can go snowshoeing while we are watching playoff hockey.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Does anyone know the best way to buy a high quality white skate jersey? I want to rock one for the playoffs.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good game to be at, although a quiet building until it came to life in the third. My boys, my Dad and I had a great time.

Kevin James got a MASSIVE fan response. I think even he looked surprised at how big.

The building went nuts chanting for Miller after he scored.

Hoglander’s goals were both highlight reel ones.

DeSmith has really stepped up since Demko went down. Another nice game from him.

I was so glad Zadorov trucked that assclown 76 (Posposil?) after he had nailed Hughes with one that looked from behind earlier.

Some fire fighters in front of us had the Canucks event staff come and give them autographed photos from Quinn Hughes who had heard they were attending and wanted to show them his appreciation. What a captain.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Really noticed the Canucks physicality - they were hitting the Flames every chance they got. Canucks are not an easy team to play anymore like they were a few years ago. Great to see what Tocchet has done with this group

What a beauty second goal by Hoglander. Did it remind anyone else of the Burrows goal vs Carolina a few years ago??

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
anyone notice the ad in the third period for a hundred grand scholarship contest to get high school students to create oil and gas propaganda?

f*** that province

That's all they got honestly, instead of promoting clean energy it's the same old same old. I sold my soul for 4 years in that province and it brought me nothing but boring life choices. Didn't even smile once.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Not their best effort and team needed some good saves and some luck around the net to preserve the win.

Good

Zadorov - thought he was far and away their best d-man. Just ruled at his blue line forcing everything wide and deadending the play in the corner. Rushed and moved the puck with authority. I'd say a must keep and with more emphasis on off season training and more work with Canuck defense coaches, we're talking perhaps a game controlling player. The skill and athletism are all there.

Garland - plays so consistently well. Worked better with Pettersson in this one. Game in, game out he produces.

Pettersson - good two way game. However, you wish that he would hit holes a little better and not get so tied up by engaging so much with the d-men. If he calms down and just seek out open space Garland is going to find him. Less is sometimes better with Petterssson

Hoglander - becoming a top offensive player on the team. Has talent and quickness. If he continues with his development then he will be a huge cap bonus next year.

deSmith - very good game. Only thing beating him was tips off his own defensemen. Watching Pearson the other night, you have to conclude the deSmith trade was a complete steal.

Mikheyev - his forcheck has become a key weapon. Using the body more and a big contributor to the good defensive game the team is playing.

Hronek - had to put out some fires around his net and was getting to loose pucks. Did a lot of covering back for others and moved puck well

Bad

Juulsen - stunk. Continually had trouble getting the puck out and alot of the Flames rallies started with a Juulsen poor attempt at clearing his zone. Got standing around in the crease forcing deSmith to force his away around him to see or get to the puck. Tried to do too much sometimes leading to poor turnovers. Best thing the Flames had going for them in this game was Juulsen.

Others

Blueger - invaluable PK man. In a way good that he isn't scoring since easier for the team to get him back

Boeser - if he is not scoring he can't help you meaning the contract hurts. Player like Garland doesn't have to score to help b/c he breaks up plays in every zone, can play thru traffic and can skate with the puck. Will continue to insist that if they can move Boeser in the off season and use the money to keep defensemen like Zadorov and Hronek this team will be better off. Hoglander maybe able to assume Boeser's role next season. And hopefully Podkolzin is able to assume some of what Hoglander does. Plus you get whatever you can get in trade for Boeser. Boeser is trying to play two way hockey but I don't think it there at anything near a high level.. If he tries to focus on defense, he can't get up ice to score, and if his focus is on offense then he can't get back to defend. That's the way I see it.

Little like Kumenko - who just didn't seem to be in the play in this one. Glad to see the fans salute him - one of the most likeable players ever. Also glad again to hear the Miller salute (people know where it's at). Not Miller's best game but put the hammer down on the late PP.
We just going to ignore that Kuzmenko refused to wear the pride jersey huh.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
The thing with Boeser...

He's someone who seems like a great person and teammate but I've never loved his playing style at all.

However he finds ways to get points. 67 points so far this year. It's not that easy to replace that production.

He is slow and frustrating at times but he manages to produce at almost a PPG. Kind of reminds me of Toffoli or Pavelski.

69 winning percentage. Nice.
5 points separate 1st from 8th. Crazy how many good teams there are this year.

Reactions: Fraser28

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
anyone notice the ad in the third period for a hundred grand scholarship contest to get high school students to create oil and gas propaganda?

f*** that province

as a devil's advocate, cheap energy is the cornerstone of prosperity, but none the less i found it funny they were targeting university students specifically while on national television :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Also, on Boeser - I don’t really see the criticism. He’s evolved to a point where when he’s not scoring, he’s not out there hurting the team. He’s improved his forecheck, backcheck and defensive play, IMO. I notice him a lot as a first man in on the puck on the forecheck.
Yeah my biggest gripe, and something Ive posted here many times over the last few years is that Boeser when he isnt scoring is very uninterested and doesnt make plays on either end of the ice. His motivation to do the little things wavers with his scoring touch.

But in the back half of this season hes actually making plays for others and yesterday he was crashing in on the forecheck and pressuring in ways he just didnt do in past years unless he had scored recently. Hope he keeps this up

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Hoglander with the rookie electricity again - really nice to see and a good example of player development (or at a minimum sticking with him). Really funny to watch Kuzemenko again, head fakes on the power play on the sidewall with no one within in 10’s of him, and a complete cream puff on the puck. So no change to his game, not going to miss him or that cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00