Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Avalanche 1: Slowest GDT of the season

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
In no way can this team afford to have one player cost us a game while we try to grind out these wins.
In the case of the blueline - there's little point of "banishing one guy for a bad game" when the replacements are ****'in awful.;)

yoss

May 25, 2011
6 game winning streak, fresh Boston Bruin tears over Iginla, hey alright. Not bad, not bad at all.

Schneider just on fire, some real nice saves tonight, the toe save in the first period in particular i really liked. Just in the right spot always, his positional game in net lately is second to none.

Out of all the Canucks that could have got the game winner I think I'm glad to see Daniel pot one, love to see him get going on an offensive surge.

Got the win. :handclap:

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
That's how AV handles rookies, one bad game/period and your sent down a line or two. This method is effective on some rookies and not so much on others. I feel like a guy like Kassian would not benefit at all from getting pushed down a line or two or even to the AHL. Schroeder may but I still feel like he should know that if he makes mistakes(which will happen he's a rookie)that he wont immediately get banished for it rather then playing on edge knowing that you cant make mistakes which effectively alters the way you play your game to a more passive style(therefore creating mistakes)

It's not about "can't make mistakes". Schroeder was having a terrible game. He was doing his best Steve Kariya impersonation out there.

He's a friggin' rookie, not a seasoned vet who has proved himself time and time again. Totally appropriate to bench him when he plays like that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah Mason has been pretty brutal the last few years so Bob has to carry the whole load. Craig Anderson looked like he'd have a great chance, but got injured. I would love Schneider to get it though. He's quickly becoming my favorite (Non Brodeur) goalie in the league along with Jimmy Howard.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Don't look now but we're only 4 points behind the Ducks for second.

I really hope we can push them for 2nd. I would not want to play that team in the 2nd round without home ice. We need to be able to ***** at the refs for as many games as possible. :laugh: I guess there would be lots of Canucks fans at the ducks games though. :dunno:

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
We could use your luck again! Luckily for me I get to see tomorrow night's game in Tampa, and Saturday in Sunrise too!:yo: Pretty excited cause I haven't seen a Devils game since the lockout. They only did the Florida trip once this year, and with the realignment they'll only be doing it once starting next year.:shakehead

Dont get to tipsy bro :naughty:

thegutter

May 22, 2011
This is ********. Getting so tired of AV and his sitting back on these leads. This team has too much talent to have this hack coaching them. Cant wait till hes fired and lindy ruff is hired.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
lol zing - every GDT thurr you are. :laugh:
:laugh:

I was actually defending AV (or rather his "buddy" Bowness) in this case. Was referring to Bieksa/Edler/Hamhuis - tough to substitute one of these three guys and replace them with the likes of Barker or Alberts no matter how badly they *might* play.
or was ?.:naughty:

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
We got the two points and that's all that matters
I'm as big a Canucks fan as the next guy, but, these games aren't entertaining. They have few redeeming qualities, other than maybe a dominating Sedin shift or two. There are two powerplays a night because the league wants clutch and grab again. These games are barely watchable. How anyone maintained fandom during the lean, lean years, I can only say they are very stubborn human beings, and I commend them for their determination and dedication to suffering. We have talent, those teams really didn't. Nicely done.

I've invested an unbelievable amount of time in this crapheap and I'll be damned to walk away now, pot committed to the grave. But damn, this is some ugly, ugly hockey right now...beats losing though. 2 points. Oilers next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad