Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Oilers 2 (SO)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
McDavid doesn't need to be in the shootout. Remember that Ovi often isn't used by Washington in the SO. That said, I think McDavid has a better skill set for the shootout, but he needs to practice it more. I do think he'll eventually be one of the best SO players in the league, but he's not top-3 on the team right now.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Letestu, Drat, and Nuge were good choices in the SO vs. Markstrom. I think Todd knew that he needed a player who likes to shoot the puck instead of deking against a big goalie.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Letestu, Drat, and Nuge were good choices in the SO vs. Markstrom. I think Todd knew that he needed a player who likes to shoot the puck instead of deking against a big goalie.

That's a good observation. In that case, I might have tried a wildcard like Puljujarvi or Hendricks.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

You can't really fault him for it but it didn't work.

Stulhu used the same move he's scored on a few times but it didn't work. Drai and Nuge have been playing better and scoring. Had they scored it would have been logical.

I'd rather have seen pulju or Hendo as the 3rd shooter I think because at that point it looked like we would lose and nuge is still fragile imo.

A) pulju would have been a gamble.
B) hendricks. Everyone loves the paralyzer.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
A late equalizer. Another point instead of a regulation loss. I'm okay with that.

I'm disappointed they didn't grab the extra Bettman point, but alas it wasn't to be.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Not happy about 1 point against a bad Canucks team playing their third game in four days. That effort was unacceptable. Mcdavid was trapped in his zone against freaking granlund.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
You can't really fault him for it but it didn't work.

Stulhu used the same move he's scored on a few times but it didn't work. Drai and Nuge have been playing better and scoring. Had they scored it would have been logical.

I'd rather have seen pulju or Hendo as the 3rd shooter I think because at that point it looked like we would lose and nuge is still fragile imo.

A) pulju would have been a gamble.
B) hendricks. Everyone loves the paralyzer.

Saying you'd rather have someone other than RNH because "it looked like we would lose" is kinda silly because you pick your shooters & order before it starts.

& not everybody loves the paralyzer as evidenced by how this board exploded with hate when he was picked & missed in a SO a few weeks ago.

& I've figured out that "Stulhu" is supposed to be Letestu but I don't get it. What's the reference? I've never heard it before.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Saying you'd rather have someone other than RNH because "it looked like we would lose" is kinda silly because you pick your shooters & order before it starts.

& not everybody loves the paralyzer as evidenced by how this board exploded with hate when he was picked & missed in a SO a few weeks ago.

& I've figured out that "Stulhu" is supposed to be Letestu but I don't get it. What's the reference? I've never heard it before.

Yeah I know just sayin it wud have been cool.

Everyone does love the paralyzer.

Stulhu is a reference to cthulhu a reference to Letestu's "squidface" celly.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Yeah I know just sayin it wud have been cool.

Everyone does love the paralyzer.

Stulhu is a reference to cthulhu a reference to Letestu's "squidface" celly.

Holy **** I must be old. Is that 3rd line written in English? I still have no clue.:laugh:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Holy **** I must be old. Is that 3rd line written in English? I still have no clue.:laugh:

Cthulhu is a fictional squid monster. After scoring in the shootout against the Jets I believe it was he did a little finger wiggle in front of his face that looked like a squid mouth. He was chirping their bench for making fun of his moustache, but some people on here started referencing Cthulhu.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Cthulhu is a fictional squid monster. After scoring in the shootout against the Jets I believe it was he did a little finger wiggle in front of his face that looked like a squid mouth. He was chirping their bench for making fun of his moustache, but some people on here started referencing Cthulhu.

It was against the Islanders but I guess it makes a little sense now. Not much but a little bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad