Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Oilers 2 (SO)

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Nuge always misses in the shootout better put him out when you need to score or you lose perfect sense.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
About a week ago the Canucks slept through a game in Calgary. Props to them for actually deciding to play against us.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Missed Sekera big time in this game. Gryba was a clown show all night long.

Not the Oilers best game obviously but they are really getting good at grinding out loser points at the very least.

Markstrom was a wall for Vancouver.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Markstrom was exceptional… but still no reason to lose this one. We were really sloppy in our own zone leading to sustained pressure for the Nucks, especially the first half of the 3rd.

I thought our offensive pressure was fine, need to sharpen up the D-zone.

I think this team needed a learning experience loss, I am happy we got a point out of this learning experience.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Missed Sekera big time in this game. Gryba was a clown show all night long.

Not the Oilers best game obviously but they are really getting good at grinding out loser points at the very least.

Markstrom was a wall for Vancouver.
Agreed, Markstrom was money.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Tmac really irratates me at times. Brutal so lineup. McDavid and Caggiula were feeling it tonight. But he goes 1st and has his lover who struggled all game take 1st shot. Letestu has done same move last 4 so attempts goalies are on to him. Tmac has horrible instincts horrible.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Markstrom was exceptional… but still no reason to lose this one. We were really sloppy in our own zone leading to sustained pressure for the Nucks, especially the first half of the 3rd.

I thought our offensive pressure was fine, need to sharpen up the D-zone.

I think this team needed a learning experience loss, I am happy we got a point out of this learning experience.
Gryba showing why he is a 7/8 dman, missing Sekera bigtime...the guy comes up big 3 on 3

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So much garbage play in our zone. Weak links on the team were extra weak tonight.

Guaranteed high quality chances against when the 3rd pair or 4th line were on the ice.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Time to put Puljujarvi on McDavid's right side. Let him have a few games, it can't hurt.

That almost end to end rush he had tonight where he squeezed past the check and sent a beautiful cross ice pass to Pouliot that should've been a simple one timed tap in was a hell of a play.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Props to Markstrom wow he made some big saves.

We had more then enough chances to win, take the point and move on.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I wonder how much of TM's refusal to move Lucic away from McDavid for any length of time has to do with PC promising Lucic if he signed in Edmonton, he would be McDavid's wingman.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Don't be that guy.

Im sure you loved it when Test scored in the last 3 shootouts. Drai has been money lately, nothing wrong with that selection.

Sure there is. Letestu is one thing, Drai has very little SO experience and hasn't been great when he's done it.

We have arguably the best player in the world that was laser hot to finish the game and a consistent SO producer in Eberle on the bench. Stupid. Absolutely no excuse for it.

That was the definition of overthinking it.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I mean... I'll take the point.

Fourth line was pretty bad and we desperately miss Sekera. Luckily he should be back for Tuesday.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sure there is. Letestu is one thing, Drai has very little SO experience and hasn't been great when he's done it.

We have arguably the best player in the world that was laser hot to finish the game and a consistent SO producer in Eberle on the bench. Stupid. Absolutely no excuse for it.

That was the definition of overthinking it.

Drai has more SO goals than McDavid.

People would've flipped their **** if Eberle took a shot and missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad