They played hard.
Certainly don’t fault that. ...
It’s a positive for me that we weren’t our best and still had a chance to win.”

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
GDT: - 'Canes (WC1) @ Caps (Met1) Game 1

I wasn't wrong. Svechnikov's goals came when he wasn't with the linemates he started the game with.

He honestly was the best player on the ice. I think everybody noticed that pretty early. Kid is special and he was ready. For game 2, I'd like to see him with either Aho or Teravainen...or even both of them. Also, please bring Maenalanen and get McGinn off the lineup and surely off the PK.

The bleeding stopped when Rod finally started playing Martinook and Foegele.

Overall a good game and totally avoidable loss. Canes were the better team. With better refs and better forward lines, I'm still very optimistic. Just gotta smarten up. No excuse for penalties like the one Faulk took. Caps are gonna punish you for those.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I think we hung with them pretty well. 3-0 after the first didn't reflect the game at all. We dominated 5 on 5, Backstrom's goal was essentially their first shot and that powerplay was hot.

Amazing work from Svechnikov, we've got a special player there. Plenty of positives to take into game two.

On the other side - we've had that game against the Caps a lot. Generally outplay them, but get stung by their potent offense when they get a chance.

Hopefully our best players play a better game on Saturday - if we can win that then who knows where this goes!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
'Canes were lucky to move up in the #2 spot in the last NHL Draft.
He may end up being the 'next Ovi.'

Jesus, you know what makes NA so annoying? It's that weird POV like the NHL is the only place where hockey ever happened. I give it to OV, he is the greatest goalscorer of the generation and all, but not the greatest Russian all-time.

Also Svechnikov is more of a Malkin clone if everything works out well. You Canes fans would not complain about a Conn Smythe someday, right?

Reactions: Identity404

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Jesus, you know what makes NA so annoying? It's that weird POV like the NHL is the only place where hockey ever happened. I give it to OV, he is the greatest goalscorer of the generation and all, but not the greatest Russian all-time.

Also Svechnikov is more of a Malkin clone if everything works out well. You Canes fans would not complain about a Conn Smythe someday, right?

Wait so Ovechkin isn't the greatest Russian goal scorer of all time? Because that's what Brett stated, not greatest Russian player.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Jesus, you know what makes NA so annoying?

The goddamn lack of the metric system. All things get messed up because of that like the Masonic plan of Tampere, Finland, where one church is in the distance of 666 archines, or Russian ells, from the Old Church's steeple, whereas all the others are on the circle of 666 metres, and the pentagram got all wonky because of that.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This is an nhl forum.

Not to mention I can't find any totals for Bobrov. He was obviously a legendary hockey player, and athlete for that matter but I can't find a Russian hockey player that can touch Ovi's 658 and climbing goal totals. At least not one that's recorded. I doubt Ovi will surpass Gretzky, but he could very easily surpass Jagr's 766, and possibly Gordie Howe's 801 in his career. Being that he's only 33 and built like a brick shit house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad