GDT: Canes vs Pens - back to the well once again

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well did TDA and Orlov play in the third prior to when we saw them split up? They each had a shift about halfway through the period. I didn’t remember seeing them before then. Rod may have just rolled the top four, then gave some guys breathers for a second working those two in and that was it until the game was decided.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Well did TDA and Orlov play in the third prior to when we saw them split up? They each had a shift about halfway through the period. I didn’t remember seeing them before then. Rod may have just rolled the top four, then gave some guys breathers for a second working those two in and that was it until the game was decided.
I saw Orlov with Slavin once and I tgiought I saw Tony-Skjei before the Svech no goal.

Once they got that extra timeout I think he was done with the both of them.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Keep 7 and 77 separated and we may never lose again.

I get that Skjei's in a groove, but it shouldn't be hard to make a "3rd pair" of Skjei-TDA and just have Skjei play 3-4D minutes overall. If Orlov wants to play a more offensive game, have him with Pesce so there's fewer high-danger chances.

It's the big conundrum with this team. Our PP looks so much better with TDA, but... how do you incorporate him at 5-on-5?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I guess there really can be an adjustment period with this system. First Hamilton. Now Orlov. He’s better than the player he’s been. Just have to give it time.

Caleb Jones said as much in that interview with the Avs people. It certainly seems to be the case.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Jarvis has 7 goals so far. He had a total of 14 last year.

It's always interesting to see takes from the other board.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 11.18.01 PM.png

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Jarvis has 7 goals so far. He had a total of 14 last year.

It's always interesting to see takes from the other board.

View attachment 770287

Jarvis/KK/Svech/Necas all being in the same cohort is the main factor behind why our window of opportunity is so long. If Nikishin pans out into a top-4 piece, that'll be yet another cherry on top of the sundae.

Reactions: geehaad and Sigurd

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I’m watching the highlights on NHL Network. The 2nd Pens goal - I’m 99.9% certain that it wasn’t just offside, it wasn’t even close.

Unless it’s late and I’m just way way off.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I’m watching the highlights on NHL Network. The 2nd Pens goal - I’m 99.9% certain that it wasn’t just offside, it wasn’t even close.

Unless it’s late and I’m just way way off.

Wow. You’re 100% right.

IMG_0127.jpeg

Bit of a rough and ready screenshot from the NHL app goal replay, but 58 has not tagged up yet in this screenshot and you can see the puck is WAY over.

Assuming I’m not going crazy either, bit of a shocking miss from Huffine and co. Not knowing the way the game ended up shaking out, that was a potentially massive, momentum swinging goal.

EDIT: the only thing this doesn’t show is Karlsson actually touching the puck - when watching the fast motion replay he does kind of push it ahead of himself which maybe gives 58 the time to tag up. Without a better highlight watching tool though I’m at a loss lol.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wow. You’re 100% right.

View attachment 770336

Bit of a rough and ready screenshot from the NHL app goal replay, but 58 has not tagged up yet in this screenshot and you can see the puck is WAY over.

Assuming I’m not going crazy either, bit of a shocking miss from Huffine and co. Not knowing the way the game ended up shaking out, that was a potentially massive, momentum swinging goal.

EDIT: the only thing this doesn’t show is Karlsson actually touching the puck - when watching the fast motion replay he does kind of push it ahead of himself which maybe gives 58 the time to tag up. Without a better highlight watching tool though I’m at a loss lol.

If you recall, there was time after that goal that RBA and the coaches were reviewing the play by the bench and decided against challenging it.

I believe Letang did tag up before Karlsson touched the puck, but even if he didn't, getting a wrong challenge there and possibly having them score on the ensuing PP? That would have been killer.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I get that Skjei's in a groove, but it shouldn't be hard to make a "3rd pair" of Skjei-TDA and just have Skjei play 3-4D minutes overall. If Orlov wants to play a more offensive game, have him with Pesce so there's fewer high-danger chances.

It's the big conundrum with this team. Our PP looks so much better with TDA, but... how do you incorporate him at 5-on-5?
You keep him away from orlov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad