Confirmed with Link: Canes to Host 2023 Stadium Series Game at Carter-Finley Stadium (2/18/23 vs Washington)

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
I keep seeing the word “perfect”. Rewatched the broadcast and they kept saying the weather couldn’t have been better, the atmosphere couldn’t have been better, the Canes couldn’t have played better. Same thing on local media networks afterward. Traffic and lines notwithstanding, everything was letter perfect.

At the Trinity/Edwards Mill intersection, traffic from THREE different directions (left and right turns off Trinity, plus straight on EM) was forced to merge into a single lane for arena entry. With no cops in sight, it became a situation where people were sitting at a standstill in the intersection, negotiating which of 3 cars had right of way while the lights changed pointlessly.

I’ve never seen a triple-zipper before, and it goes as badly as it sounds. This was 100 feet from the arena entrance, an absurdity that caused gridlock in 3 directions.
I was stuck in the bus from the Reedy Creek lot and we didn't move forever. So we had fun watching the folks stuck in their cars in traffic, get out of their cars, run to the portajohn at the Reedy Creek lot, use it and get back to their cars which hadn't moved very far at all.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheelhockey

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Based on the preliminary stats Canes game had 1.0 M network TV ABC viewers. Haven’t seen anything from streamers ESPN/Hulu. Expected was 1.22. It looks to be about the same as the last time NBC showed a stadium game on network TV. Less than the Winter Classic on cable earlier this year at 1.8M.

49F348D0-D88C-4650-9A67-D1228EA7FBBD.jpeg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Why the Hurricanes wore golf outfits to the Stadium Series

NCSU really screwed the pooch on this. Thank god.

When it comes to the Carolina Hurricanes and NC State relationship, there is nothing more fitting than reading this about State after the Stadium Series

"Logistics wise, NC State wouldn't help us out with anything. It is what it is," Noesen said

I've heard the NCSU Athletic Department really is a genuinely miserable entity to work with

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Not working for the government at a particle accelerator. I can tell you that.
Lol, no.

And a tech job only pays in the long run if you bounce around. It's the one career where staying in one place for more than a few years at a time virtually guarantees that you will be underpaid. (Unless you hit the stock lottery at a startup.)

Reactions: DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Why the Hurricanes wore golf outfits to the Stadium Series

NCSU really screwed the pooch on this. Thank god.
Well I'm glad somebody explained the gold thing for me.

NC State should be ashamed of themselves.

A tech job.

Shit, I have a tech job you won't see me laying out a grand for that jacket. All in all it looks nice, but I don't like that fuzzy logo. Maybe I'll get the jersey though.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad