Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Calvin de Haan 4 years 18.2M

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As far as the too many defensive D, I do think that most of them are decent enough at moving the puck even if they aren't offensive dynamos. I do agree that if they don't feel the need to overkill Slavin with every defensive matchup, he might have more to give offensively. They may also feel that with a year under his belt, Fleury's numbers will move up, or maybe even that Bean has a shot to take his spot from him in camp.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Some isles fan love him I was never a huge fan of his. Good skater and first pass. Not gonna give you much offense and his shot is weak. He's solid in his own zone but last year he did turn the puck over a lot more then he used to. Maybe it was an aberration will see. My other concern would be his shoulder which he has dislocated multiple times. CDH is more of a 4/5 to me then a 3/4. Just my observation.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just a slight buzzkill here, but Pesce is generating a lot more interest than Faulk. We could strike while the iron is hot on him and slide Faulk back into the top 4. Not what I'd do, but more possible today.

I haven’t seen that. Is that just based on HF trade proposals, or are there actual rumors floating around?

I think if we are focusing on culture (which the FO clearly are), Pesce’s likely to stay.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I'm not concerned about Faulk not being here for "offensive" help from the back end. Hes such a negative defensive player he doesn't make up for it offensively.

HOWEVER.....what if Fox completely impresses in camp and takes that 6th spot? I wouldn't love Fox/Fleury from a defensive standpoint (I dont think), but that would certainly fix the lack of offense if we lose Faulk conversation.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Just a slight buzzkill here, but Pesce is generating a lot more interest than Faulk. We could strike while the iron is hot on him and slide Faulk back into the top 4. Not what I'd do, but more possible today.
I love Pesce, but I'm one of the few that would consider moving Pesce for the right forward piece. Of course, it would have to be a young, very top end, forward piece.

The only thing that really gives me pause is the possibility of losing Faulk in a couple of years. But if we turn the team around, he may stick around and be better long term than he was last year. If not, we have some guys like McKeown, Fox, and Martin to look forward to on the right side even if they aren't all the same type of player as Faulk

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Possible thought: TVR to Philly for Alex Lyon+.
He's been nothing but solid since his USHL days, was solid enough in his outings with the Flyers this past year, and would not have to clear waivers to be sent back down to Charlotte in case Darling does bounce back.
And he made a million saves against the Checkers didn't he? We love that kind of thing historically.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I'm not concerned about Faulk not being here for "offensive" help from the back end. Hes such a negative defensive player he doesn't make up for it offensively.

HOWEVER.....what if Fox completely impresses in camp and takes that 6th spot? I wouldn't love Fox/Fleury from a defensive standpoint (I dont think), but that would certainly fix the lack of offense if we lose Faulk conversation.

Will Fox be at the main camp? I’m trying to recall if any of our collegiate prospects have attended in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad