Confirmed with Link: 'Canes place Jussi Jokinen on waivers

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Would you claim and then trade or trade and then claim? Teams have until noon ET on Wednesday to claim...

Would prefer a trade of Iginla and then claim. But could claim and then trade as long as he is actually traded by April 3

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If we are going to sell of assets then yes claim him hope he finds his game and trade him next year, but it doesn't matter he is 100% floridas

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If we trade Iginla, Cammy and Cervenka, I say why not? Maybe we'll gain a free asset that has value later

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
If we're moving a lot of salary before the deadline then sure, pick him up. He could realistically put up Stempniak offensive numbers and can also win a faceoff.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
No. One contract left. If we get multiple players back in any deal we are handcuffed.

And no more jokinens.

No.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
two things that the Flames dont have: ability to win face off and shoot out..so if they care to fix those they should claim him

but then again it doesnt help the drive for number 1

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
There's no way he gets through to our position IMO. I would have claimed him if we were in better condition contract wise however.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Depends. If we are moving out contracts, and just bringing back picks and prospects I wouldn't mind bringing on his contract. He has obvious skill, and is a good player. I would do it. I don't want a scorched earth rebuild.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Another small LW, pass

NHL.com lists him as LW, but he was used at the C position before J.Staal. Even this year he has taken many FO, and has decent numbers. He has way more experience at C than Cammy. That's for sure.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
He is currently playing 3rd line center. We don't need him except for shootouts. If Carolina doesn't want him why would we?

No

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
He is currently playing 3rd line center. We don't need him except for shootouts. If Carolina doesn't want him why would we?

No

Well you can't take that approach to every waiver claim opportunity. Look at Comeau, McGrattan, MacDonald. They have all contributed to the Flames. Maybe not McGrattan, yet.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Well you can't take that approach to every waiver claim opportunity. Look at Comeau, McGrattan, MacDonald. They have all contributed to the Flames. Maybe not McGrattan, yet.

Your right. But he has one more year at $3million. If he was needed, then why not trade him for a pick like we think we can do with Sarich or Babchuck, etc.

Yes the above mentioned players have made a bit of an impact. Especially McDonald, but really the cost was little to nothing and filled a need. We don't need a 3rd line center, and a 'rebuild' certainly cannot be done through the waiver wire.

It will be a regret down the road and we simply do not have the contractual freedom to claim him

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Your right. But he has one more year at $3million. If he was needed, then why not trade him for a pick like we think we can do with Sarich or Babchuck, etc.

Yes the above mentioned players have made a bit of an impact. Especially McDonald, but really the cost was little to nothing and filled a need. We don't need a 3rd line center, and a 'rebuild' certainly cannot be done through the waiver wire.

It will be a regret down the road and we simply do not have the contractual freedom to claim him

Probably the only reason I wouldn't do it. If we we're maybe at 46-47 I would do it and possibly trade him next deadline if his value goes up but right now if we're trading a guy like Iginla for a package deal we have no space to take their contracts. Which is probably why we already need to move at least another contract before an Iggy trade. (unless the prospects we get are not on contract yet)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad