GDT: Canes @ Panthers: Biggest Game of The Year?

wolfofthesteppes

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Magic Theater
Wife and I already discussed it. Going to get tickets next year vs Blues (go Blues!) and the other Central Division teams (easy to root against). Already got my kids Stormy gear. They met Caroline on Friday. She started the brainwashing.
@RaleighBlues Recommend you join the Kid's Club next year. It's not a bad deal just for the swag, but the event they have each season is usually very good. Too late for this season as it was last week, but we will miss it moving forward as this was the last season for my 12 year old who has aged out.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I rarely venture to places on the board other than here and main but I wanted to see what the other fanbases in the metro had to say about the playoff race. I would have to have an alcohol iv if I had to deal with CBJ's gdt. It's so depressing. The rest aren't as bad but it does make me glad that this place is so different. I do get tired of the bitching and moaning at times here, I have definitely been guilty of it too, but I can't control what you guys say so I just try to skip it and also not add to it myself anymore.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
So you don’t read or participate in gdt’s but you felt the need to come in to this one, single out a poster and then talk down to everyone?

That's pretty much it, yeah.

To be fair, the quote he called out is hilariously stupid in retrospect.

It sure is. And there are about 100 more of them in there I didn't bother quoting. Look, if you think the team is great, that's legit. If you think the team sucks, that's legit too. But you can't change your mind depending on if it's 3-2 Florida or 4-3 Canes. That's just dumb and your opinion has zero legitimacy. I'd love to see you doofs at an NBA game. With all the lead changes your heads would explode trying to decide if your team was the greatest of all time or a bunch of absolute losers.

Chuck showing up out of the blue and immediately talking **** about something that doesn't matter to explain his disappearance is hilarious.

It's how I roll. Sooner or later I'll get banned again like that time on the Canucks board. Or that time on the NJ board when Staal scored in game 7.

As for GDTs, I'm all for emotion, but don't react to every up and down by giving Rod B coach of the year when we're up and firing him on the spot when we're down. That may be emotion, but it's as idiotic as that time we traded away Justin Williams then had to watch as he promptly won 2 Cups.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I can’t help but laugh that the only three countries in the world who have still yet to accept the metric system are world super power USA and then Myanmar and Liberia. That’s some great company.

We play on a higher degree of difficulty to keep it competitive.

Remember, kids. Practitioners of the metric system have yet to walk on the moon.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
As for GDTs, I'm all for emotion, but don't react to every up and down by giving Rod B coach of the year when we're up and firing him on the spot when we're down.

I'm with you on how ridiculous that stuff is. It's one thing to get frustrated and say we suck, it's another entirely to start mentally firing people and trading people just because we're down by 2 goals.

I try to ignore all the declarations of how terrible so and so is in these situations. I've held my tongue all season when so many people piled on Brindy talking about what a bad hire it was, because I thought it was a great hire. And truth be told it's tempting to pull up all those posts back up and talk **** right now, but I'd just end up looking stupid if/when things go south.

I get that it's hard for people to be levelheaded though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I can’t help but laugh that the only three countries in the world who have still yet to accept the metric system are world super power USA and then Myanmar and Liberia. That’s some great company.

So, like, what are you trying to say? That the U.S. as a nation is politicially/socially/culturally/governmentally inferior to a country like Myanmar?

*takes critical look at country*

*eyes narrow*

F***.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hey let's not go full poli board here!

Fry 400 g minced meat and apply spices.

Cook 400 g of macaroni.

Mix 7 dl of milk with 3 eggs to make the egg milk. Some basilika is nice.

Mix the minced meat and the macaroni into an oiled tray.

Pour the egg milk all over the mix.

1 hour in oven at 175-200 C.

Apply ketchup.

But some into the fridge for Navin if he's gone to the Moon and hasn't yet returned.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Oh, cooking. you were talking about cooking. yes that's right, use the coconut oil for cooking. That's the activity I was referring to, definitely

I can't buy butter without making a Marlon Brando reference, though.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm with you on how ridiculous that stuff is. It's one thing to get frustrated and say we suck, it's another entirely to start mentally firing people and trading people just because we're down by 2 goals.

I try to ignore all the declarations of how terrible so and so is in these situations. I've held my tongue all season when so many people piled on Brindy talking about what a bad hire it was, because I thought it was a great hire. And truth be told it's tempting to pull up all those posts back up and talk **** right now, but I'd just end up looking stupid if/when things go south.

I get that it's hard for people to be levelheaded though.

This is the verbose version of "I told you so".

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
i thought we were all being hyperbolic for comedy reasons

now i hate gdts too

Han-Solo-Its-True-All-Of-It.jpg

McDavid is the chosen one, the one who will bring balance.

The Oilers just didn't realize balance means they only make the playoffs half the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad