GDT: Canes @ Panthers: Biggest Game of The Year?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Man I've been on this board since way WAY back (I had an account before this one)...and these kind of posts in the GDT piss me off an unbelievable amount. Ever wonder why I didn't post in GDTs even when I was a regular on the board? Because I hate reading **** like this. This entire GDT is a textbook case of this absolute clownish ****tery.

-Canes take 2-0 lead. "WE ROCK! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME! MRAZEK IS AWESOME!"
-Cats tie it up. "WE SUCK! WE DON'T DESERVE PLAYOFFS. NO HEART. MRAZEK SUCKS!"
-Cats take 3-2 lead. "BALLGAME! I'M OUT! NEXT YEAR MAYBE. TEAM STINKS! NOT OUR NIGHT!"
-Canes tie it up. "WHAT HEART! WE GUTTED IT OUT! THIS TEAM IS AWESOME!"
-Goalie stops breakaways in overtime. "MRAZEK IS AWESOME! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE NETMINDER!"
-Canes win in OT. "PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!"

It's so tiring. But carry on. As I said, I don't post in or (usually) read GDTs and maybe every team's GDTs are like this.

Maybe next time you are about to post something stupid in a GDT, though...stop and think for a sec. "Is this going to age well?"

Most likely the answer is NO, if it's anything like the **** in this thread.

Good grief.

Think of the GDTs as the equivalent of a sports bar. Because that's basically what they are.

If you wanna hang out with your buddies during the game, that's the place to do it -- along with a bunch of similarly over the top knuckleheads. It's all high fiving and shit talking. (And let's be honest, drinking.)

If that's not your cup of tea and you'd rather do CBA dissection with Lempo, fine. The board offers that too.

Vive la difference.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Man I've been on this board since way WAY back (I had an account before this one)...and these kind of posts in the GDT piss me off an unbelievable amount. Ever wonder why I didn't post in GDTs even when I was a regular on the board? Because I hate reading **** like this. This entire GDT is a textbook case of this absolute clownish ****tery.

-Canes take 2-0 lead. "WE ROCK! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME! MRAZEK IS AWESOME!"
-Cats tie it up. "WE SUCK! WE DON'T DESERVE PLAYOFFS. NO HEART. MRAZEK SUCKS!"
-Cats take 3-2 lead. "BALLGAME! I'M OUT! NEXT YEAR MAYBE. TEAM STINKS! NOT OUR NIGHT!"
-Canes tie it up. "WHAT HEART! WE GUTTED IT OUT! THIS TEAM IS AWESOME!"
-Goalie stops breakaways in overtime. "MRAZEK IS AWESOME! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE NETMINDER!"
-Canes win in OT. "PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!"

It's so tiring. But carry on. As I said, I don't post in or (usually) read GDTs and maybe every team's GDTs are like this.

Maybe next time you are about to post something stupid in a GDT, though...stop and think for a sec. "Is this going to age well?"

Most likely the answer is NO, if it's anything like the **** in this thread.

Good grief.

So you don’t read or participate in gdt’s but you felt the need to come in to this one, single out a poster and then talk down to everyone?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
They do. I've lurked the GDT of a bunch of other teams, especially after we play them, and they are all exactly the same. It's just indicative of the roller coaster of emotions of your typical, engaged fan.

If you lose that passion from the fans, move the team.

And it's not just this board or this sport.

GDTs are notoriously hot-headed and reactionary.

I think The Hive (Georgia Tech) may have the best way to deal with this issue: GDTs are archived immediately after the game to prevent posters from digging up reactions mid-game.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Think of the GDTs as the equivalent of a sports bar. Because that's basically what they are.

If you wanna hang out with your buddies during the game, that's the place to do it -- along with a bunch of similarly over the top knuckleheads. It's all high fiving and **** talking. (And let's be honest, drinking.)

If that's not your cup of tea and you'd rather do CBA dissection with Lempo, fine. The board offers that too.

Vive la difference.
2v669d.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
And it's not just this board or this sport.

GDTs are notoriously hot-headed and reactionary.

I think The Hive (Georgia Tech) may have the best way to deal with this issue: GDTs are archived immediately after the game to prevent posters from digging up reactions mid-game.
That's a hell of an idea actually. Though i would think we would need to go with a post game thread immediately after to compensate

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That's a hell of an idea actually. Though i would think we would need to go with a post game thread immediately after to compensate

That's exactly what is done. Same with some other boards I've seen; the GDT is locked immediately and a post-game thread is started.

In looking back at the Hive, it appears they actually have a separate sub-board for GDTs. I don't think that's necessary, but the bigger idea makes some sense to me.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
He can **** at me all he wants.

It was a lazy, sloppy game and for 45 minutes they looked as if there were zfg.
Lazy. Sloppy. Throwing pucks in general directions. We looked horrible.

Two things netted us a win in this one.
Mrazek being great. Florida rookie goalie who gave up two early.

We played terrible for 7/8 of this game. Mrazek won us this game. Period.

Tuesday will be very tough. Probably one of the toughest of our next 7. I'll be satisfied with a point.

If we look good tomorrow against Boston after Sat night I won't be shocked, but I'll attest it to them having confidence boosted after that win. Pulling out the win Saturday gives us a psychological boost for tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He can **** at me all he wants.

It was a lazy, sloppy game and for 45 minutes they looked as if there were zfg.
Lazy. Sloppy. Throwing pucks in general directions. We looked horrible.

Two things netted us a win in this one.
Mrazek being great. Florida rookie goalie who gave up two early.

We played terrible for 7/8 of this game. Mrazek won us this game. Period.

Tuesday will be very tough. Probably one of the toughest of our next 7. I'll be satisfied with a point.

If we look good tomorrow against Boston after Sat night I won't be shocked, but I'll attest it to them having confidence boosted after that win. Pulling out the win Saturday gives us a psychological boost for tomorrow.

f1f2c156ecaad14a9c77c1e44a769e09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad