GDT: Canes @ Panthers: Biggest Game of The Year?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I can’t help but laugh that the only three countries in the world who have still yet to accept the metric system are world super power USA and then Myanmar and Liberia. That’s some great company.

Liberia isn't so surprising. They use the imperial system and their official language is English directly because of the USA. They adopted our inefficiencies rather than both countries clinging to old methods.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased vegan

You mean, "...well-oiled vegan".

Married a vegan. Can confirm.

So, a little of the old game of shoots and sprouts is it....

But you can't change your mind depending on if it's 3-2 Florida or 4-3 Canes. That's just dumb and your opinion has zero legitimacy.

What in the hell are you talking about????? We're gifted with free will by what ever maker you believe or don't believe in....besides that we're Carolina Hurricanes fans, notorious for our skepticism, cynicism, irrationality, rule-breaking, muck-raking, salivating, mental fornicating, and overall prevaricating. If it is legitimate opinions you seek, this hasn't been the appropriate venue since.....well, the dawn of time. We roll in the pig slop of our collective depression followed by mania....but I digress. TL/DR....We're a bunch of jerks and it's what we do. :naughty:

Remember, kids. Practitioners of the metric system have yet to walk on the moon.

Nor did they invent Cheerwine....or better yet, Durn Good Hot 'n Spicy Mustard.
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 4.08.48 PM.png

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I'm with you on how ridiculous that stuff is. It's one thing to get frustrated and say we suck, it's another entirely to start mentally firing people and trading people just because we're down by 2 goals.

I try to ignore all the declarations of how terrible so and so is in these situations. I've held my tongue all season when so many people piled on Brindy talking about what a bad hire it was, because I thought it was a great hire. And truth be told it's tempting to pull up all those posts back up and talk **** right now, but I'd just end up looking stupid if/when things go south.

I get that it's hard for people to be levelheaded though.

Sure, except that the quote he decided to rant about had none of the firing or trading anyone talk. It said we sucked. And not even overall, just in that one game, which is true. Florida owned the play most of the game, and the Canes won on goaltending and luck. Which is great, but doesn't mean they played well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad