Proposal: Canes - Maple Leafs Blockbuster

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
That's not enough for Eric... And you want Jordan? Not happen.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

No, not even close no.

Phaneuf doesn't even come close to Staal in value and the other two pieces don't come even remotely close to getting you Jordan. Hell I'm not even sure all 3 pieces get you Eric alone.

Kadri a #1 center? Now that's funny.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Quite possibly the most craptastic proposal I've ever seen. This Phaneaf for E Staal nonsense needs to stop. AND on top of that, you want Jordan for Kadri and scraps?

Please don't come back...

bluedevil58*

LOL. You're a Canadian and make a proposal like this? Really?!!

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
No, they just know he's not that good but very few of them will admit it. That's the funniest part. Bash him and they'll go to the end of the earth defending him yet he's always the first piece they try to move in proposals.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
No, they just know he's not that good but very few of them will admit it. That's the funniest part. Bash him and they'll go to the end of the earth defending him yet he's always the first piece they try to move in proposals.

Him and Gardiner it seems. I'm not high on either of them for the record. Gardiner might make a decent #4 dman somewhere, and Kadri would struggle to crack our top 6 unless one of the Staal bros played out of position.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Ok, lets look past the original offer and see if there is a possibility.

Question 1...if Eric AND Jordan are to be in the deal, JVR must be included in some way.

JVR, Kadri, Phaneuf (since they seem dead set on getting rid of him), ?

Eric, Jordan, ?, ?

How could the ? be filled in to make it work for both teams?

I understand that JVR is young, and they wouldn't want to do something like JVR for Staal straight up. Jordan is close in age to JVR though, so in my eyes the age thing is kinda taken care of here.

Thoughts? And please don't roast me, just some solid conversation would be great.

Note: I guess there was no question 2....sorry

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I understand that JVR is young, and they wouldn't want to do something like JVR for Staal straight up. Jordan is close in age to JVR though, so in my eyes the age thing is kinda taken care of here.

Thoughts? And please don't roast me, just some solid conversation would be great.

I doubt there's a deal to be made as long as Jordan and Phaneuf are on the table. Jordan only gets moved if he demands a move; while we can speculate that would happen if/when Eric is moved, it hasn't happened yet. We deal with that bridge when we get to it, not before.

There is virtually no deal I would make involving Eric Staal where I have to take back Dion Phaneuf. It completely negates any reason to make a Staal deal.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I doubt there's a deal to be made as long as Jordan and Phaneuf are on the table. Jordan only gets moved if he demands a move; while we can speculate that would happen if/when Eric is moved, it hasn't happened yet. We deal with that bridge when we get to it, not before.

There is virtually no deal I would make involving Eric Staal where I have to take back Dion Phaneuf. It completely negates any reason to make a Staal deal.

Gotcha....7 x 7mil for Phaneuf is an albatross at this point.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Kadri and Gardiner are thrown into every single deal that the Leafs fans throw around here. We finally have a replacement for the Halak + Ryder + 2nd.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Though the results in the last few years may not seem so the Hurricanes are, in fact, trying to get to the playoffs.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Lets add our 2015 and '16 first and '15 second for good measure. I'll even add AHL superstar Zach Boychuk.

YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR SIR!

deal's back off boys. Someone break the bad news to Skinner, Faulk, and the Staals that they're staying in Raleigh despite this generous offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad