GDT: Canes Look To Shoot Down The Jets

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I wouldn’t mind getting Andersen back anyway, but this. The entire team no-showed the third with a 3 goal lead.
Bet it's gonna be awkward when the delivery guy appears with the victory party supplies.

• Haha
Reactions: geehaad

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Don’t care. M2 may end up getting a softer matchup than M1, anyway. Currently, the opponent is the 8th seed by points.
Depends i wouldn't be surprised Flyers drop to 7th in our division , they are only 7 points ahead of Pittsburgh and the penguins have 4 more games , i see Detroit not making the playoffs either but im with you i rather be 2nd in the M , i cant bare use losing to a wild card team ;)

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'd rather have a "teaching moment" like this in the regular season when it likely has no impact on anything but the team's pride as opposed to the playoffs.
Lesson: When you play like shit overall you might be able to squeeze out wins and points against bottom 10 teams, but will get embarrassed by contending teams?

After a true game of the year candidate against Florida, we've rattles off 5 straight stinkers where we skated hard, but were sleepwalking through our decision making process (and/or haven't played competently for more than 20 min)?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Lesson: When you play like shit overall you might be able to squeeze out wins and points against bottom 10 teams, but will get embarrassed by contending teams?

After a true game of the year candidate against Florida, we've rattles off 5 straight stinkers where we skated hard, but were sleepwalking through our decision making process (and/or haven't played competently for more than 20 min)?
I think intense FL and Dallas games lowered the energy levels and add to it the heavy game load and you get the slow down in play.

We have another 3 game set against rangers-Florida-Toronto which will be telling if we can sustain play.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
One of the biggest chokes from this team I've seen in a long time. Genuinely pathetic.

Up 3-0 entering the 3rd, the Jets score 3 in less than the first 10 minutes of the 3rd, of course they score a fourth goal, and forcing us to pull our goalie and giving up an empty netter. So, including the empty netter, 5 unanswered goals for the Jets.

That fourth goal was gonna happen eventually to Koch with how many times he goes way out of his net to make a poke check. It was only a matter of time before it bit him in the butt and he was in no man's land.

This team needs to improve at the trade deadline. We'll probably have to wait till the summer before we actually get anyone new of significance though. All the while we'll lose one or more of our current roster players on expiring contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad