GDT: Canes at Sab-ers

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I'll repeat it in the respective threads, I'm going to be attending the next two games against the Rangers and Devils. Be on the look out for a beautiful bald-headed black guy in a black Skinner jersey.

Dang I almost went up this weekend to both games, stupid last second job. But have fun and please help break the MSG curse. My dad who lives in Jersey is going to both games as well.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Dang I almost went up this weekend to both games, stupid last second job. But have fun and please help break the MSG curse. My dad who lives in Jersey is going to both games as well.

Ahhh that sucks. I told one of my best friends that lives in NYC back in December that I’d visit him in February, but didn’t know when. Looked at the schedule, and I said welp, I’m going.

My goal is to see Carolina play in every NHL arena. I’ll be at 5 after this trip, and might knock off Pittsburgh and Toronto the last week of the season.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
this is about the time of year that you see exceptional 18 year old players in their first season start to dial it up as they head into their sophomore campaign. it would be safe to say that we're going to see the best hockey of the year by svechnikov in this stretch run. he's had 50 or so games to get his feet under him and start to figure out the way the league works and what moves are going to be less effective up here. for example, this is nico hischier's splits from last season:

All-StarPre4882129-21680011127.11028785:4016:22
Post341211231210111016817.6750551:4216:14
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Anyone in the area who wants to go to the game in Newark can have mine for $15 if they want it (behind the goal in section 124 row 11 seat 8). PM me if interested.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Ahhh that sucks. I told one of my best friends that lives in NYC back in December that I’d visit him in February, but didn’t know when. Looked at the schedule, and I said welp, I’m going.

My goal is to see Carolina play in every NHL arena. I’ll be at 5 after this trip, and might knock off Pittsburgh and Toronto the last week of the season.

I’ve had that goal too, tho don’t know if I’ll ever complete it. With my other travel ambitions I have a hard time imagining me skipping out on those to catch a game in Edmonton or Winnipeg lol.

Curious what arenas have you all seen the Canes play in?

I’ve got the Lightning, Panthers, Capitals, Islanders (Nassau & Barclays), Rangers, Devils, Wings, and Avalanche.

Might be adding Philadelphia at the end of this season. Also hoping they do another California + Vegas + Arizona road trip again that aligns with my schedule next year, as I may just do that trip, almost did it last season.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
this is about the time of year that you see exceptional 18 year old players in their first season start to dial it up as they head into their sophomore campaign. it would be safe to say that we're going to see the best hockey of the year by svechnikov in this stretch run. he's had 50 or so games to get his feet under him and start to figure out the way the league works and what moves are going to be less effective up here. for example, this is nico hischier's splits from last season:

All-StarPre4882129-21680011127.11028785:4016:22
Post341211231210111016817.6750551:4216:14
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Don't they usually say that it's about this time around when the grind of traveling and schedule starts taking its toll on the rookies who haven't experienced anything like yet in the junior leagues?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So I’m watching the highlights now because I had my own game at 10 which made me miss most of the 3rd and here are some thoughts:

The Sabres are absolute dogshit in their own zone. Like laughably bad. The McKegg goal was bad enough as he was completely uncovered in the crease but the McGinn goal the Sabres literally had 5 guys down low but above the goalline and the only Hurricane above the goalline was McGinn and no one covered him. 5 guys puck watching, including Eichel and Skinner who were doing the same on Faulks goal. That was just all sorts of awful.

Svech is here. The confidence is starting to shine through.

The goalie selection for these two games had to be a tough choice for Brindy. He knows Buffalo wants a track meet so Mrazek makes more sense, but McBackuo is coming off a shutout and played his worst game of the year at MSG last time.

I hope Faulk has the flu or something because he’s been ass a few games in a row.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Don't they usually say that it's about this time around when the grind of traveling and schedule starts taking its toll on the rookies who haven't experienced anything like yet in the junior leagues?

they certainly used to say it, but i'm not sure how relevant it is anymore. whereas when a guy like eric staal came into the league, he was pitching sod with pops on the weekends and eating that good ontario farm boy diet. times have changed. svechnikov for example has been doing nhl workouts for likely what dates back to his brother's draft season. camps are competing for young talented players for their gyms for promotional purposes. these kids are on instagram all year doing hockey related strength training activities. not to mention the fact that if you look at the way amateur players in all sports are being prepped now, there's no such thing as offseason. jack hughes last season played 100 games, and that's only among those that eliteprospects considers sanctioned matches. playing once every few days is as natural as breathing by the time these guys get here.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I’ve had that goal too, tho don’t know if I’ll ever complete it. With my other travel ambitions I have a hard time imagining me skipping out on those to catch a game in Edmonton or Winnipeg lol.

Curious what arenas have you all seen the Canes play in?

I’ve got the Lightning, Panthers, Capitals, Islanders (Nassau & Barclays), Rangers, Devils, Wings, and Avalanche.

Might be adding Philadelphia at the end of this season. Also hoping they do another California + Vegas + Arizona road trip again that aligns with my schedule next year, as I may just do that trip, almost did it last season.

So far just Carolina, Nashville, and Los Angeles. Then the these next two in NJ and NYR. They play Pittsburgh on my birthday (March 31), then Toronto a couple days later. I’m strongly considering going to those two games. I’m going to try to knock out two at a time. I did look at that last Philly game. If I don’t end up doing the Pitt/Tor trip, I’ll at least go to Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad