Confirmed with Link: Canes acquire Zach Hayes from Vegas for Future Considerations

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
so wait, we owe them two future considerations now? where the f*** are we going to find a second future consideration?

I bet we could get a shit-ton of future considerations for Aho.

Think about it: the team sucks, Rod can't coach, and the Borg doesn't know what it's doing. Clearly the next couple years are shot anyways, so why not flip Aho for 8 or 10 future considerations and then get him back when he becomes a UFA?

I mean, that's borderline brilliant! :teach2: Sometimes I'm so smart I scare myself!

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
here is a big brain possible idea... this move of taking on a contract that VGK no longer wanted is the future consideration from the first trade, but they didn't want to insult the poor kid by announcing that he was traded because they regret signing him and need the contract slot.
The thought had actually crossed my mind.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
here is a big brain possible idea... this move of taking on a contract that VGK no longer wanted is the future consideration from the first trade, but they didn't want to insult the poor kid by announcing that he was traded because they regret signing him and need the contract slot.
I suppose I never have seen vagrant and Lempo in the same room at the same time (almost certainly wearing tin foil hats in front of boards with strings trying to map out future considerations that are largely known to be nothing).

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Diliberatore
That's... not a hockey name.

I suppose I never have seen vagrant and Lempo in the same room at the same time (almost certainly wearing tin foil hats in front of boards with strings trying to map out future considerations that are largely known to be nothing).
For the same reason why the British royalty doesn't travel on the same plane.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The takes would have been interesting at least if the optics was that MaxPac was traded primarily to get rid of Hayes' contract. If Max had been healthy and hogging points for Carolina at the start of the season, it would be quite an intolerable situation for the Vegas brass.

If we assume his scenario, the timing of the Hayes trade right now when Pac is about healthy is a tad curious. Did they want to see how (if all) Pac is contributing for Carolina before determing which subprime contract Carolina should take? Maybe (and likely) both parties were very upfront about the health concerns for MaxPac at time even though they didn't let it out.

I have no idea, does Vegas have actually bad contracts they would like to get rid of?

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Or we could consider that Hayes is a cheap and actual improvement to the defensive roster for Chicago. It’s been really bad. If he doesn’t do well enough to keep longer, the Canes let him walk. East peasy

Hayes is getting paid 80k in the AHL. I doubt its a contract Vegas really pined to get rid of.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hayes is getting paid 80k in the AHL. I doubt its a contract Vegas really pined to get rid of.
Very likely not. Only this season left. But they wanted to get rid of a contract.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Or we could consider that Hayes is a cheap and actual improvement to the defensive roster for Chicago. It’s been really bad. If he doesn’t do well enough to keep longer, the Canes let him walk. East peasy

He was around 5th on their AHL>NHL depth chart and they were at the 50 contract max. Plus they have 2 (likely 3 with Lehner) players on LTIRetirement contract slots.

Reactions: cptjeff

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Boy those considerations are piling up
dumb-and-dumber-iou.gif

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I bet we could get a shit-ton of future considerations for Aho.

Think about it: the team sucks, Rod can't coach, and the Borg doesn't know what it's doing. Clearly the next couple years are shot anyways, so why not flip Aho for 8 or 10 future considerations and then get him back when he becomes a UFA?

I mean, that's borderline brilliant! :teach2: Sometimes I'm so smart I scare myself!
Checking username history for "tapi"...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad