Post-Game Talk: Canes 5 - Jets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Yup Aavco was a good poster on these boards, trouble was he had thin skin and couldn't handle anyone disagreeing with him!
He was a great poster but it was always my a or the highway with him

I've got no issues with the reposting. Although I will say that him and Aavco need to control their narrative or they take their ball and go home. Not for me.
Once he moved to Lotus land he was done here

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
#1 line is benched...

Nino - we didn't deserve to play
Chef - no comment
Connor - no comment

The new guy takes responsibility. The old guys go into a corner and cry because for the first time in Winnipeg a coach held them accountable.

IMO it was long overdue re: benching the players who've been here a while.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Yeah, I was wondering about that. (Watching alone in a friend's spare room doesn't give me anyone to discuss it with.)

It seemed to me like we lost Conner and Schiefele for most of the second period, but I didn't know then if they were benched or had been on the ice and just invisible. Conner seems to contribute almost nothing these days -- he's almost as useless as Appleton -- and most I see of Schiefele is him waving his arms and/or glaring at the ref.

I managed to go the entire evening without eating or drinking so that was a good thing at least. Today I watched the highlights of Chicago and Boston and am willing to think we might have a chance tomorrow with Helly in the net.

Providing some of our top guys wake up and put out more effort.

And our defence learns how to pass more sensibly.

And we put Appleton in the press box.

Well, a girl can dream, can't she?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah, I was wondering about that. (Watching alone in a friend's spare room doesn't give me anyone to discuss it with.)

It seemed to me like we lost Conner and Schiefele for most of the second period, but I didn't know then if they were benched or had been on the ice and just invisible. Conner seems to contribute almost nothing these days -- he's almost as useless as Appleton -- and most I see of Schiefele is him waving his arms and/or glaring at the ref.

I managed to go the entire evening without eating or drinking so that was a good thing at least. Today I watched the highlights of Chicago and Boston and am willing to think we might have a chance tomorrow with Helly in the net.

I'm hoping when PLD comes back that we put him with Connor to try and get both of them going.

Play 27 55 62 (though I think 27 and 7 are starting to build some chemistry)
Maybe 27 55 7
81 80 62

Def would scratch Appelton, he's just hard to watch lately, stick the fireplug in 71 instead.

I'd give Capo another game over Stanley, I just think he brings more to the table.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Dream all you like but we're not beating Boston.

Agreed, we should replace Appleton with Axel.

Agreed, it's infuriating how inept our D men can be at handling the puck, even free of pressure, in our own end.

Disagree strongly about starving yourself. If you're five eight and 130 (or 174 cm and 58 kg in your world) then you're underweight on most medical metrics. A scientist would know better than to start dieting.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He was a great poster but it was always my a or the highway with him

Once he moved to Lotus land he was done here
Chief moved to Vancouver? Did he follow Garrett there?

1.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Does that really change anything? Will they give us points because we were down those players? Their best players were better than our best players. 81 and 55 were fairly useless tonight.

Then don't mention what they were missing.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
#1 line is benched...

Nino - we didn't deserve to play
Chef - no comment
Connor - no comment

The new guy takes responsibility. The old guys go into a corner and cry because for the first time in Winnipeg a coach held them accountable.
Connoe does not strike me as the sulking type. I will give him a pass for not speaking as he probably took it really personally.
Scheifele does not deserve a pass. His arrogance is obvious and he is a 'me first' player.
There is no doubt he is gifted but it is time to move on from him.

Reactions: Stumbledore

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
LOL @CorgisPer60. I can't tell if you are being obtuse on purpose or what. He's saying he takes issue with WPGCheif pointing out Svech injury when both teams have injuries. As in, he takes issue with one person's narrative. You seem to assume he's taking issue with reality, in that both teams have injuries and Canes were still the better team. He's not. He fully understands that. Again, you're confusing one person's issue with someone slanting a narrative in their post, with the broader subject of injuries in the reality of last nights game.

And I'm saying it doesn't really matter because one team won in the end. The team that was projected to be the better team won. It's not a great revelation. Complaining that somebody has a slanted view because they highlighted one team's injuries versus the other team's is kind of pointless.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I had no issue with it. I've been harping for equal accountability so I'm not disappointed. It was long overdue imo.

As far as comments after a benching. We've gotten them from El Nino and Perfetti this year. Both answered in mature and thoughtful ways.

We know how Scheifele answered a couple of years ago and how he can get his back up against the wall in these types of interviews. Maybe it's not a bad thing that this is dealt with behind closed doors by him and the coach.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Disagree strongly about starving yourself. If you're five eight and 130 (or 174 cm and 58 kg in your world) then you're underweight on most medical metrics. A scientist would know better than to start dieting.
LOL! You write that after I've just demolished a grilled chicken wrap at the Belltower and helped a kind soul finish half of his chilli cheese fries!

Not starving myself, but I have a job interview next week and they want to see me in a dress. The only one I have (most of my wardrobe is still at the XBF's place) is pretty snug and losing a bit off my waist will definitely improve my chances. I'll borrow some heels, put some flip in my hair, and dazzle them with my wit and smile.

And maybe the Jets can make the same effort, especially on Saturday when we play a four pointer!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think you have to manage the load for Hellebuyck with 6 games in 9 days. Coming back home he should be fresh. Then you have an afternoon game which is probably the most important of the season, followed by a game the next evening.

I'd rather he play those stretch of games, and help the Jets accumulate points. Losing to a non conference team after winning two in Florida is acceptable. A save or two would have gone a long way, but the Jets have gotten into the habit of winning games in which they are significantly outshot, and losing games that are close in shots, or their distinct advantage. I think Bones was probably hoping BSD could win one. It would be nice if he could, somewhere before the end of the season.

Connor is cold, but a lot of scorers are streaky. His game doesn't look great right now, but the same thing was said about Ehlers a week or so ago. Maybe Dubois helps him get back on track. I still don't know if Connor is a better shooter than Scheifele, so I'd say the right guy is at the top of the list, but with a player that will defer to him, Connor should be able to keep pace with 55.

And yet he just finished playing Helle on both halves of a b2b. Then he rests him in the next game. What's with that?

Edit: Rittich has a 9-7-1 record. Pretty good for a backup.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
And yet he just finished playing Helle on both halves of a b2b. Then he rests him in the next game. What's with that?

Edit: Rittich has a 9-7-1 record. Pretty good for a backup.
Maybe coach thought those were the two most winnable games. I don't think he had a plan to play Rittich in a big home game against the Bruins, he's definitely not getting the Nashville game. St. Louis maybe. So 5 games in 8 days is a heavy workload for any starting goalie.

Rittich was getting the job done. He was shaky against a weaker Sharks team, and this last game won't win any confidence from his coach.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's disappointing to see how BSD's game has deteriorated over the last couple of months. At one point his GAA and save percentage were similar to Hellebuyck. But he was awful against the Islanders and last night he let in 2 perhaps 3 that never should have been goals.
I hope we can bounce back against a Bruins team but I have my doubts. Boston has lost 2 in a row and won't be in a good mood coming in here. Look the F out.

I don't think he ever had a GAA avg or sv% close to Helle's.

His first couple of games of the season he was scored on quite a bit (not really his fault). As a result his sv% was <90. He has gradually been bringing it up all year until it peaked at 90.6 a couple of weeks ago. His last 2 games have been poor and his sv% has fallen to 90.2.

People are complaining that our backup, who has been solid all season has just had a couple of bad games? What do you expect from a backup goalie?

Last edited:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Dream all you like but we're not beating Boston.

Agreed, we should replace Appleton with Axel.

Agreed, it's infuriating how inept our D men can be at handling the puck, even free of pressure, in our own end.

Hey, Boston just lost to Detroit and Chicago, so anything can happen!

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Not starving myself, but I have a job interview next week and they want to see me in a dress. The only one I have (most of my wardrobe is still at the XBF's place) is pretty snug and losing a bit off my waist will definitely improve my chances. I'll borrow some heels, put some flip in my hair, and dazzle them with my wit and smile.
Okay, way off topic and maybe out of line here but be real careful about any job where they care that much about your figure. We raised 3 girls and all of them were taught that if your body shape matters to a potential employer then that's a job you never want. Even us old farts can speak wisdom sometimes. Surely a scientist can do better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad