Post-Game Talk: Canes 5 - Jets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
LOL! You write that after I've just demolished a grilled chicken wrap at the Belltower and helped a kind soul finish half of his chilli cheese fries!

Not starving myself, but I have a job interview next week and they want to see me in a dress. The only one I have (most of my wardrobe is still at the XBF's place) is pretty snug and losing a bit off my waist will definitely improve my chances. I'll borrow some heels, put some flip in my hair, and dazzle them with my wit and smile.

And maybe the Jets can make the same effort, especially on Saturday when we play a four pointer!
65497cb3f77072d18c3571f4a4aa8adf.gif

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
We played well enough to get a result. Bones shouldn't have played our backup as goaltending was the difference tonight.. Bad decision on his part.

Everyone sans said goalie, Mark, Apples and Conner played well
I expect Hellebuyck to go the rest of the way except maybe for this weekend when Saturday they have the Predators and Sunday the Blues. Backup may be in Sunday or maybe Tuesday with the Yotes. They've got to take at least 3 of the next five- Bruins, Preds, Blues, Yotes and Ducks which is doable (4 of 5 would be better, of course). 97 points should win you the final spot which relates to gaining 18 points of a possible 28 left in 14 games.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I managed to go the entire evening without eating or drinking so that was a good thing at least.
Disagree strongly about starving yourself. If you're five eight and 130 (or 174 cm and 58 kg in your world) then you're underweight on most medical metrics. A scientist would know better than to start dieting.

To piggyback on what Stumbledore said: it's better to learn to eat and live a healthy lifestyle than to fret about the numbers on a scale.

Many years ago, when I was auch younger and ignorant lad, I had a female friend who was an absolute wonderful person. Someone whom I respected and cared about, and who was quite pretty. She became obsessed with the numbers: calories she ate, her weight, etc. She had this idea in her head that thinner was better, to the point she became annorexic. And none of mt advice or observations were relevant.

So, going back to my earlier comment: don't go to the extremes. You're perfect just as you are. Don't fret over the numbers on a scale.

I now turn you back to your regularly scheduled Jets-Lost-The-Sky-Is-Falling conversation :laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Okay, way off topic and maybe out of line here but be real careful about any job where they care that much about your figure. We raised 3 girls and all of them were taught that if your body shape matters to a potential employer then that's a job you never want. Even us old farts can speak wisdom sometimes. Surely a scientist can do better.

Gotta agree with Stumbledore again. Listen to us fossils. Sometimes we know some stuff (just don't ask us to program a PVR) ;)

Grannyjetfan

Dec 19, 2019
I don't think this is right at all. Dillon has been pretty good in my opinion.
I would rather have Dillon on the ice and have Pionk benched as he should, in my opinion he is trying to be a Josh Morrissey style player (not even KLOSE)

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Okay, way off topic and maybe out of line here but be real careful about any job where they care that much about your figure. We raised 3 girls and all of them were taught that if your body shape matters to a potential employer then that's a job you never want. Even us old farts can speak wisdom sometimes. Surely a scientist can do better.
Thanks for the advice, Grandpa, and Jetsy and Busty. It's all kind of sweet but lighten up, guys. I'm not auditioning for the sex industry or risking captivity with white slavers.

I'm just applying to work as a promotions model, something I did after my B.Sc. to finance a few months in Europe. Of course, by March, 2020 I was out of work and my future travels evaporated. It's a respectable job, very flexible hours, and I'm not diminished or oppressed by the fact that they require a glam appearance. I'm pretty good at projecting amiable interest when I'm actually bored out of my gourd, making sure that my smile doesn't look too fixed, and ignoring the guys checking me out when they should be looking at the latest automobiles, or exercise bikes, or array of fabulous exercise foods, or whatever the fox the client is hawking.

When there's no product, but it's a "good will" thing for the client's customers and alcohol is served, you have to be more on your toes without stepping on theirs, especially when they've drunk too much. That's where it helps to have "candidate for M.Sc. Chem" on my resume (which, btw, is about a $900 cab ride away from being a scientist) if you want to get an interview. It's a very safe job and there's always discreet security, in case some inebriated fool is overcome by my brilliant wit and sizzling Wiswesser puns.

So, this is just a short-term gig to help finance my independent living. Maybe even stretch to cover a used car. And who knows? If the science thing doesn't work out, maybe I can become the next spokesperson for the St. Boniface Hospital Lottery?

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Thanks for the advice, Grandpa, and Jetsy and Busty. It's all kind of sweet but lighten up, guys. I'm not auditioning for the sex industry or risking captivity with white slavers.

I'm just applying to work as a promotions model, something I did after my B.Sc. to finance a few months in Europe. Of course, by March, 2020 I was out of work and my future travels evaporated. It's a respectable job, very flexible hours, and I'm not diminished or oppressed by the fact that they require a glam appearance. I'm pretty good at projecting amiable interest when I'm actually bored out of my gourd, making sure that my smile doesn't look too fixed, and ignoring the guys checking me out when they should be looking at the latest automobiles, or exercise bikes, or array of fabulous exercise foods, or whatever the fox the client is hawking.

When there's no product, but it's a "good will" thing for the client's customers and alcohol is served, you have to be more on your toes without stepping on theirs, especially when they've drunk too much. That's where it helps to have "candidate for M.Sc. Chem" on my resume (which, btw, is about a $900 cab ride away from being a scientist) if you want to get an interview. It's a very safe job and there's always discreet security, in case some inebriated fool is overcome by my brilliant wit and sizzling Wiswesser puns.

So, this is just a short-term gig to help finance my independent living. Maybe even stretch to cover a used car. And who knows? If the science thing doesn't work out, maybe I can become the next spokesperson for the St. Boniface Hospital Lottery?

Well, in our defense, I believe we're all fathers and know what guys are like, so it winds up being natural to our repertoire :laugh:

You're an adult so you get to make your own choices. Hopefully you haven't taken offense to any advice from this old fart :)

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
I've got no issues with the reposting. Although I will say that him and Aavco need to control their narrative or they take their ball and go home. Not for me.

Welcome to the new world.
It’s all good until you disagree.
I didn’t know Wpg Chief left I like his info.

Chief still posts just rarely. Might be the same as some of other posters work related or possible work related so they can't post
I've found a lot more value (for my personal sake) in using Twitter more often than coming on here as a personal dumping of my quick thoughts/reactions/etc. of the game into a void, and it's of people's own choice whether they choose to follow that or not from there.

I'll sometimes come back here to post more lengthy items when I feel it benefits from the open discussion and have found good value in that - but it was getting to a point on here where people weren't just only disagreeing on a certain element of my perspective or whatever, but actively seeking any of my posts to continually disparage or ridicule me and whatever I was bringing to the discussion that (in my opinion) was repeatedly and unnecessarily aggressive.

Of course, it's not everyone; but, blocking on either platform only does so much - it was much better for me to simply distance myself a bit more often (and honestly, I needed the time, personally and professionally, too). I've contemplated stepping completely away after this season, to be frank.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Well, in our defense, I believe we're all fathers and know what guys are like, so it winds up being natural to our repertoire :laugh:

You're an adult so you get to make your own choices. Hopefully you haven't taken offense to any advice from this old fart :)
No defence needed, I also know what guys are like, and mostly I love it. And since age 13 my mom has been lecturing me on not taking advantage of how guys work.

Yes, I'm an adult, if not in my family's eyes. My parents are both doctors (medicine and english), my older sister is a lawyer although practically deaf, and my baby sister is in law school. It's hard for them to not think of me as not-quite-adult. And yes, I always make my own choices and deal with the consequences (says the girl who's living in a glorified closet of a lesbian's apartment).

No, I certainly haven't taken offence at anything you've said. Now, would you take offence if I try to talk about just hockey in here?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I've found a lot more value (for my personal sake) in using Twitter more often than coming on here as a personal dumping of my quick thoughts/reactions/etc. of the game into a void, and it's of people's own choice whether they choose to follow that or not from there.

I'll sometimes come back here to post more lengthy items when I feel it benefits from the open discussion and have found good value in that - but it was getting to a point on here where people weren't just only disagreeing on a certain element of my perspective or whatever, but actively seeking any of my posts to continually disparage or ridicule me and whatever I was bringing to the discussion that (in my opinion) was repeatedly and unnecessarily aggressive.

Of course, it's not everyone; but, blocking on either platform only does so much - it was much better for me to simply distance myself a bit more often (and honestly, I needed the time, personally and professionally, too). I've contemplated stepping completely away after this season, to be frank.
If I like this post it would sound like I agree with you stepping away which I hope you don’t.
I’ve always liked how you present your thoughts and ideas to those of us who don’t understand the statistical side of this game.
Some of us are super casual fans and enjoy the games as they happen but also like seeing the world through the eyes of an analytical person.
In my opinion you do that better than anyone on this board.
My .02 anyways

None

Feb 22, 2012

I probably don't express this enough to anyone but I appreciate your insight and enjoy reading the topics you broach. I actively seek out your opinions on here when they're available and on twitter because in my opinion they're usually a little more aggressive with diving into areas that I think the wider fanbase tends to ignore, or seem slow to react to.

I think rabid fanbases in any area of discourse opens up a can of worms that are hard to handle and moderate. I also think that it leads to a lot of concern trolling that ends up disguised as legitimate discussion. It sucks because very few of us are getting paid for our opinions so what ends up happening is it drives discussion elsewhere or completely private.
My only suggestion is blocking those people because you know they won't block you. One small benefit of a smaller forum is it's a little more difficult for a troll to just make a new account because their post history can't be hidden like on Twitter.

Last edited:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
If I like this post it would sound like I agree with you stepping away which I hope you don’t.
I’ve always liked how you present your thoughts and ideas to those of us who don’t understand the statistical side of this game.
Some of us are super casual fans and enjoy the games as they happen but also like seeing the world through the eyes of an analytical person.
In my opinion you do that better than anyone on this board.
My .02 anyways

Me too.

I have enjoyed coming here for the and learning as well as the bants.

More content = a better experience, IMO.

(Tho I'm a content eater rather than provider, I'm afraid).

I do think things have calmed down a bit in JetsWorld since last season. I had really stopped coming here after we moved back to the UK because of the rise in rage-posting. I enjoy the camaraderie but less the cut n' thrust -- which I get enough of in my day job (literally).

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Send us pictures if you get the job.:laugh:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I enjoy the camaraderie but less the cut n' thrust -- which I get enough of in my day job (literally).
Okay, you know that Mr. Snoopy here isn't going to let a comment like that slide past.

What sort of job do you have that involves literally thrusting and cutting?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

No defence needed, I also know what guys are like, and mostly I love it. And since age 13 my mom has been lecturing me on not taking advantage of how guys work.

Yes, I'm an adult, if not in my family's eyes. My parents are both doctors (medicine and english), my older sister is a lawyer although practically deaf, and my baby sister is in law school. It's hard for them to not think of me as not-quite-adult. And yes, I always make my own choices and deal with the consequences (says the girl who's living in a glorified closet of a lesbian's apartment).

No, I certainly haven't taken offence at anything you've said. Now, would you take offence if I try to talk about just hockey in here?
Well, I see this different opinions here, on how a woman should look, or manage her weight, and that these kinds of things are not important. I think they are very important, to feel good about yourself. Also, your health will be a lot better if your not carrying around an extra 20 to 30 lbs. Further to that, you'll always have more doors open up to you for jobs, and mates if you look great. We have a big obesity problem in North America, and lots of people with diabetes, brought on by eating way to much sugar. Just facts.

If I was a woman, I'd always try to look the best I can, to feel good about myself, and also to maintain optimal health. This goes for men as well.

When you get your job as a promotions model -- as @Jets 31 says, "be sure" to post your pics, so we can all enjoy them.:nod:

Note -- your mom has been lecturing you to not take advantage, of how guys think ? Do you not think that most all women "take advantage" of their female allure to better their life condition. We all know that they do, and it's been going on since the dawn of mankind.

A lot of posters may not agree with me, and that's OK, as we all have our own opinions, and my comments also are also for both women and men. Be the best person you can be, and look the best you can. Something "not done" enough in our society. Us males all love to see a good looking woman passing us by, and swiftly turn our head for a second look. :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I did the opposite I stepped away from Twitter. There are good posters and some good content but for the most part it’s a godforsaken dystopian wasteland of snark and negativity.

On HFBoards I just use ignore and take breaks when we are in prolonged slumps and the Michael Jackson thriller crowd start coming out of the sewer. I get as frustrated and pissed off as the next fan but I don’t need group therapy to cope. It only makes it worse. To each their own I guess.

You create more rich content for fans to digest so I think there’s way more work in what you do. If that stops being fun then I get why you would step away. Personally I enjoy your content.

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Note -- your mom has been lecturing you to not take advantage, of how guys think ? Do you not think that most all women "take advantage" of their female allure to better their life condition. We all know that they do, and it's been going on since the dawn of mankind.

A lot of posters may not agree with me, and that's OK, as we all have our own opinions, and my comments also are also for both women and men. Be the best person you can be, and look the best you can. Something "not done" enough in our society. Us males all love to see a good looking woman passing us by, and swiftly turn our head for a second look. :)
Having both daughters and grandaughters, I agree that women instinctively use their feminine side to take advantage of us. But it cuts both ways. You tease the beast but deny them the treat and it can turn ugly. It's our role as parents to pound that common sense into their heads to keep them safe.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad