Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs | SN | October 8th, 2014 | 7:00PM

TheThrill81*

Can we change this whole (losers), seems like a jinx waiting to happen..

You have to respect your opponent in order to beat them.

No, you have to play better than them in order to beat them. Not like the Smurfs are all about respecting their opponents.

leafstilldeath*

Alright boys and girls. It begins on Oct. 8th. I wanna see the following:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kozun
Leivo-Hollad-Clarkson
Komarov-Winnik-Santorelli
Ashton
Orr

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gards-Polak
Reilly-Percy
Franson (IR)

Bernier
Reimer

Frattin, McLaren, Booth to the minors

Lets do this. My body is ready (stocked up booze yesterday ;)), my mind on the other hand.....(I am trying, meditation is on going ;)).

Lets beat the Hags.

Go Leafs Go!

And while we are at it....what the hell:

BURN THE BOATS!

burn-the-boats.jpg

225686_eb.jpg

keep-calm-and-burn-the-boats-2.png

OR should we say....

crhjt.gif

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kozun
Leivo-Hollad-Clarkson
Ashton
Orr

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gards-Polak
Reilly-Percy
Franson (IR)

Bernier
Reimer

Lets do this. My body is ready (stocked up booze yesterday ;)), my mind on the other hand.....(I am trying, meditation is on going ;)

Lets beat the Hags.

Go Leafs Go!

And while we are at it....what the hell:

BURN THE BOATS!

burn-the-boats.jpg

225686_eb.jpg

keep-calm-and-burn-the-boats-2.png

OR should we say....

crhjt.gif
[/QUOTE

Switch Leivo and Kozun

officialmark*

I thought in the last Wings game Gards was with Polak, and Rielly was with Percy. I don't see the point in changing it up...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Can we change this whole (losers), seems like a jinx waiting to happen..

You have to respect your opponent in order to beat them.

Montreal 100 regular season points and final 4 in last years playoffs.

Max Pac scored more goals then Kessel
Subban scored more points then Phaneuf
Price SV% > Bernier SV%

While I personally can't stand Montreal as a lifelong Leaf fan as the arch rival, but our Leafs enter this game as the underdogs.

When we beat them however, its a very sweet feeling. :wg:

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
What I want to see:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Santorelli
Clarkson - Holland - Booth
Kozun - Winnick - Komarov

Phaneuf - Robidas
Reilly - Gardiner
Percy - Polack

Bernier​

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Montreal 100 regular season points and final 4 in last years playoffs.

Max Pac scored more goals then Kessel
Subban scored more points then Phaneuf
Price SV% > Bernier SV%

While I personally can't stand Montreal as a lifelong Leaf fan as the arch rival, but our Leafs enter this game as the underdogs.

When we beat them however, its a very sweet feeling. :wg:

Yes but who had more points. ;)

But I agree Montreal does have a quality team but I still hate them.

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
I really like these lines as well. Hopefully we can see them. Although I would put Leivo on the 3rd line instead of Booth at the moment. I was also hoping we could see JVR with Naz in preseason but I am ok with whatever works for the team :yo: I also like having Santo playing with Naz and Lups, think it would be a great line together. Although, I still secretly want to see a Lups-Naz-Kozun line for one game hehe. I didn't realize that Naz and Koz have played together in the past.

What I want to see:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

Phaneuf - Robidas
Reilly - Gardiner
Percy - Polack

Bernier​

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yeah I really kind of liked seeing Komarov and Winnik splitting center duties on the same line last game. Both seem capable of it.

A Winnik-Komarov-Clarkson/Kozun/Booth line could really work as a gritty checking line.

It would also free up Holland and Santorelli, two guys with legit 2nd line offensive upside (and very projectable 3rd line offense at least), to play together on the third line with one of Clarkson/Kozun/Booth/Leivo as well, which could give us a chance at having a very good scoring 3rd line. I also think Holland might end up looking better on the wing, where he can use his good straightline speed and great shot more.

leafstilldeath*

yeah I really kind of liked seeing Komarov and Winnik splitting center duties on the same line last game. Both seem capable of it.

A Winnik-Komarov-Clarkson/Kozun/Booth line could really work as a gritty checking line.

It would also free up Holland and Santorelli, two guys with legit 2nd line offensive upside (and very projectable 3rd line offense at least), to play together on the third line with one of Clarkson/Kozun/Booth/Leivo as well, which could give us a chance at having a very good scoring 3rd line. I also think Holland might end up looking better on the wing, where he can use his good straightline speed and great shot more.

No more checking lines please. Otherwise that line will end up playing the most mins as opposition is not going to play their top lines any less

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
No more checking lines please. Otherwise that line will end up playing the most mins as opposition is not going to play their top lines any less

Man I think this is the year the Leafs not only make the playoffs, but win a couple of playoff rounds. As long as we have a top 10 C in hockey on a very team friendly 4.25M contract, I think this team has a bright future. If you factor in David Clarkson's intangibles, this team is going places.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

as long as our checking line is a fourth line where all three are capabke of scoring 30+ points, i have no problem with it.

when the checking line is a third line where all three would struggle to get evrn 20pts, then we have a big problem.

leafstilldeath*

Man I think this is the year the Leafs not only make the playoffs, but win a couple of playoff rounds. As long as we have a top 10 C in hockey on a very team friendly 4.25M contract, I think this team has a bright future. If you factor in David Clarkson's intangibles, this team is going places.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If that place is dreamland sure lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kozun
Leivo-Hollad-Clarkson
Ashton
Orr

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gards-Polak
Reilly-Percy
Franson (IR)

Bernier
Reimer

Booth will go on IR, and if Franson needs IR that opens up a roster spot for someone else to stay as well.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Leivo
Komarov-Santorelli-Clarkson
Winnik-Holland-Kozun
Frattin
D'Amigo(When Columbus waives him)

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gards-Polak
Reilly-Percy
Holzer

Franson(IR), Booth(IR)

Ashton traded or waived, Orr, McLaren waived and sent to Marlies.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
One of the big takeaways from the preseason, imo, is that JVR is emerging as an impact player who does not need Phil to produce. I say move him with Kadri and Lupul back up with Kessel. It would help Kadri to get to the next level while Lupul might be able to rediscover his 2011-12 form.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
What I want to see:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

Phaneuf - Robidas
Reilly - Gardiner
Percy - Polack

Bernier​